My best friend has a crush on me but I have a boyfriend

• My best friend has a crush on me but I have a boyfriend

It’s been a few months now since I started dating my boyfriend. We’re in a long distance relationship, but my best friend liked me since 6th grade. When he found out I had a boyfriend he was really upset that I didn’t tell him because I was afraid of his reaction. I knew he had a crush on me but I only like him as my friend. Now he keeps telling me to break up with him and says “ He doesn’t love you” “ Long distance relationships never work” and so on. I want them both to be happy and for everything to go back to the way it was. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to lose them. Help.......
    • Hi, skullatar.
      First of all honestly, no one has a right to tell you if it'll work out or not, that's
      why that should kinda be private specially for long distance relationships.
      Long distance relationships do suck, and it takes courage to just even start it.
      Usually those kind of relationships are pretty hard to handle.
      I was in the same situation. It was hard and we ended up breaking up since we
      became each other emotional vampire, so it just didn't work out.
      My advice for you is to try keeping them both, if that person is your truly best friend forever
      he wouldn't mind you being happy, that's just my opinion. When it comes to jealousy it could happen.
      But don't take it too serious. It will all work out for you after all. I'm sure.
      Hope this was helpful at least a single bit.