Solution for anxiety issues

• Solution for anxiety issues

Hi,
      I am a single father. I have a daughter of 18 years old. Recently I came to know that my daughter has some friends who are not good for her. I came to know that they are giving her alcohol and drugs. Actually, I came to know about this only recently. But she has been taking this for a while now. I asked her to stop this habit. She refused to do. But afterwards, I convinced her to give up drinking. She is now sober. But she always complains that she is having a craving for alcohol. She is also showing other withdrawal symptoms. She is in a very bad state now. She is always on the edge. She has got some major anxiety issues. I talked about this matter with one of my friends and he told me to take her to a medical marijuana physician. She said that taking cbd for anxiety from Newfoundland would help in reducing the symptoms of anxiety.
      Is it a good decision to take her there? Or will he be addicted to marijuana too? I am worried now. Please give me some genuine replies.
    • Your daughter may have crossed over from her controlling whether she wants to drink alcohol to alcohol controlling her. In other words, she may have alcoholism. If she's now an alcoholic, it stands to reason that she would have anxiety.
      Taking marijuana is just replacing one mind-altering drug with another one. And research scientists are still finding out what adverse effects marijuana has. Taking marijuana/cbd may reduce the symptoms of anxiety but it's more important to find out the cause of the anxiety and treat that.

I would recommend taking her to an alcoholics anonymous meeting (as she's craving alcohol) so she can see if she can relate to what other people are experiencing. (She might not be anxious about not drinking alcohol but, rather, something else. She may miss hanging out with her friends, she might have "boy troubles", etc. If she's still taking any other drugs, they may be causing her to feel anxious also.)