Don't know what to do or feel or react to my situation. Please help!

• Don't know what to do or feel or react to my situation. Please help!

so.. I like this guy. He is not really "cool" But hangs with the people who are. He has had a rough past (abusive mom etc) and somehow AFTER getting a crush on him, we became good friends. A soap opera of things have happened, so to save your eyes I will skip all the drama. He began telling me all his secrets and insecurities and ends up telling me about how he got his heart broken. I eventually realized that I loved him (still do, just love sounded weird) I told him, *keep in mind I said love not in love* and he was chill with it. Then one Saturday he told me that he was moving to North Dakota with his (ABUSIVE!!) mom for a little while. Then also said his dad had cancer and only 6 months to live. So yea. He is driving to North Dakota as of now, and is going to be gone for the rest of the year! MEANING his dad could die and he will live with his mom forever and I could never see him again! I was talking to my friends about how different things could be if the girl who told him I liked him hadn't said that when one of the guys said "and here you are, he doesn't talk to you and he's leaving" I was caught off guard To say the least! He wouldn't tell me why he said that. I just don't know what to do or how to feel about anything right now. Could someone please help? [/b]
      Addie! :P
    • Hey Addie,
      your story is quite clear and common to teenagers. What you didn't clearly tell is what you need help for. I mean, it seems like you just needed to tell your story to feel better (I hope you do).
      And as a general advice, just don't start living in your memories like too much remembering your time together when you could have fun with other things and people. Keep on seeing farther, you're still so young, and don't sink in wondering "what would have happened if..."
      Those phrases are worse than anything else...
      Warmly,
      Anthalia❤