Can I Help Her?

• Can I Help Her?

Hi everyone. I need some advice. Its about a girl I know named Rachel with depression.
      I knew her since elementry school. She wore lots of stuff then, and her hair was long and curly. But since lately she was goth, wearing all black and her hair was shorter and black as well. She was different than before.
      One of her friends told me Rachel was suicidal and that her family has been trying to help her. I felt really bad bcus I remember her being so happy and funny before. She tried to cut my hair once in 5th grade.

Our school had a Halloween Monster Mash after school yesterday, I saw her there before she started to leave.
      I went up to her and told her I wanted to say something to her. So we went outside bcus I didn't want anyone to hear me. I said I wanted her to really listen to me, and I even held her hands. She smiled and said okay.

I told her "I know you've been sad Rachel, and I wish you weren't bcus I care about you. I worry that you'll leave and never come back. I don't have many friends here either, I remember you and I were once, I don't want to lose you. I just want to tell you that I care about you. I don't know if your told that alot, but I love you. Please stay here awhile and don't leave me alone. I don't want you to be sad, If it helps I'll give you a hug whenever you need one."
      Rachel was crying when I said this, her hands were squeezing mine. Some of her tears fell off her chin.
      "I don't know what to say, I'm not good at this." I told her. "Please don't die." Now she started to cry hard and loud. She hugged me and kissed my cheek repeatedly while she cried. I felt my cheeks get really wet from her tears.

It lasted about a hour, though probably not. She said I gave her light today, whatever that means. I think I know, like hope? Her face was really wet so she wiped it with her sleeve while I stood with her, she was still holding my hand. My mom came to pick me up, and she let Rachel ride home too, bcus she normally walks. She kept squeezing my hand on the car ride to her house.

I hope this means I helped her, and that she won't be so sad. I don't know much about it so I don't know what it's like. I will talk to her alot like I said. I want to know how else I can help her?