im unsure and sad help

• im unsure and sad help

This person that I've been friends with for about a year has been distancing themselves and blocked me for no reason at all. Was I used from the beginning?

This person and I first met about a year ago and exchanged phone numbers and communicated non-stop daily. We hung out often. I was complimented and praised by him often for being a good friend. When we first started talking, he was concerned if we missed a day or two of communication and contacted me. Now he can go weeks without contacting me..using the excuse of being busy when I addressed him about the situation. He also tells me now that he doesn't have to talk to me every single day..but yet, in the beginning, we talked and texted daily nonstop. He tells me that he doesn't speak to anyone often, but yet I see him constantly on his phone. I've been asking to hang out with him as we use to since October..all he does is make excuses about not being able to because he's super busy, but yet I see him on Facebook going to parties and bars constantly with others. Just last week, I went from a "damn good friend" to being blocked in days. He tells me that he's doing better in life and is leaving all the negativity behind when I confronted him yesterday. On Saturday he told me that I was a damn good friend, now I'm blocked and he wants nothing to do with me anymore. Was I being used all along?