Feeling dissed but relieved. Should i be mad or glad??

• Feeling dissed but relieved. Should i be mad or glad??

so some of you have been following my story and know about the guy i like. Basically, He moved to another state, I got all sad, came to peace, we still talked. But there is more to the story now. I text him one day and his (gonna keep pointing out, ABUSIVE) mom text back saying his phone got taken away. To put it into simple terms, I was SHOOK. It scared the bejesus out of me and I had been worried ever since. Last week was particularly hard, god knows why, but yeah then I got brave and decided to text "dragon lady" -as I call her- and ask her to wish him a happy new year. Then hours later I got the a text and had the following conversation,
      Ohh I'm sorry
      Hmm?
      Guess what
      What...?
      I'm back.
      Wait what??
      Mhhmm it was hard, but I'm back.
      LIKE BACK HERE?? IN THIS STATE???
      Yup.
      I HATE YOU!!
      Why lol
      BECAUSE!!! I was literally CRYING THE OTHER DAY I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!!!
      Oh I'm sorry. I should have told you sooner.
      I can't decide it I wanna be happy youre back or mad that you didn't tell me...
      You can be mad if you want
      You can even smack me if you need to
      I will...right after I hug you....I missed you so much....
      Oh really I would have expected you to be more mad
      Yeah well... I can't stay mad too long I guess I'm just so relieved you're out of that situation. Like, REALLY relieved
      yeah (then proceeds to tell me more, and we talk for hours.)
      So yeah. Supposedly not many of his other friends know he is back, and at some point he told me he had been back about a week. I can't decide if I want to be mad at him for not telling me, seeing as how broke down I've been, or if I want to be happy and relieved because I've been walking on sunshine for the past few days. My mom suggested that I give him the silent treatment, but I'm not that cold. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? I created this mostly to let off some steam, but if you have a way to show a bit of both without seeming insane and/or bipolar then please let me know. Also, still can't decide what emotion I want to be...
      Addie! :P