Clueless about Dating

• Clueless about Dating

Heyo, I need some help. Let me start this off with the simple fact that I am a looser. I mean, I don't play Minecraft or roblox or something, and I'm kinda mutual friends with anyone popular, but when it comes to girls, you won't find a bigger flunk out than me. I'm 16, never had a real relationship (gotten close, but I always stop, or screw it up, I chalk it up to being, well, clueless), never kissed a girl, and still a virgin. I finally have a chance at a good, lasting relationship, and I really don't want to screw it up, so if someone could help me out with some advice I'd sure appreciate it.

So said girl and I have known each other for years, but only started snapping back and forth and talking (as friends) for a few months. Her friends kept telling me how much she likked me, and it was definitely mutual, so I took a step and invited her to dinner (I have my license). Anyways, she said sure, freaked out she was so exited (her friends complained to me), but she told me it won't be for a little while because of some family issues. Want to do this one right so it lasts, and figure since posting on here is basically annonomus, I'd ask all the questions I've had throughout the years. I think what I'm really looking for is like the life cycle of a relationship (excluding marriage obviously), but heres a few specifics anyways:

1. How do you ask a girl to be your girlfriend? Is it as simple as that? When should you?

2. If you sincerely believe you love her, when should you tell her?

Holy shit I sound like a looser. XD
    • First, people aren't losers. Sometimes we win and sometimes we lose.
      Second, congratulations on finding someone you want to have a meaningful relationship with.

Ok, to answer your questions:

1. You can tell her that you really like her, that you enjoy being with her, that it would mean so much to you if she would consider being your girlfriend {or something like that}. Just speak from the heart - you'll know what to say when the time is right. It's ok to be nervous - I'm sure she will be, too. That's perfectly normal. ^^

2. As you've known each other for years, you have a good "foundation" of friendship. Anytime can be the right time to tell her how you feel. Again, you'll know when the time is right, especially if you follow her lead. :thumbup: