Chest Problems...

• Chest Problems...

So, a couple of things I’m worried about… but don’t want to freak out and run to the doctor over.I’m 13 I just started my period earlier this year, everything seems normal with that.My issue is on my chest, my boobs aren’t very big, but I’ve got like a firm area the size of a quarter under my nipples that makes them stick out from everything else (again about the size of a quarter). I also have clear fluid that leaks out occasionally which is super embarrassing when it happens at school.The whole thing has me miserable because I swim and the puffy part of my boobs stick out in my swimsuit and makes me super self conscious.I’m worried that something is wrong since none of the other girls that I swim with have anything that looks like what I have (which makes me worried… and even more self conscious :/ ). I’m looking for thoughts or advice, is this normal?What can I do to cover it up?
    • As far as i know as a guy, they way your chest grows is normal. You are fine. I saw many girls with different ages with a chest developing like yours is doing.
      About the fluid leaking out, i heard that before and i think you don't have to worry about that either. Maybe the girls of this forum will answer soon and give you more advice about that.
      Puberty brings many changes on the way to mature body. You will get used to them. :)
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • Benni90er wrote:

As far as i know as a guy, they way your chest grows is normal. You are fine. I saw many girls with different ages with a chest developing like yours is doing.
      About the fluid leaking out, i heard that before and i think you don't have to worry about that either. Maybe the girls of this forum will answer soon and give you more advice about that.
      Puberty brings many changes on the way to mature body. You will get used to them. :)
      Thanks ^^ I appreciate you saying that
    • Your welcome :) Everyone develops at a different speed and starts/finish at a different time. Kids can be cruel and mobb each other, but kids are silly too. I hope no one is mean to you. If there is someone, they are either dumb or jealous or both. ;)
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • There are different times in a woman's life when she may have nipple discharge, such as puberty and menopause. Women may notice discharge when they are bathing, on their nightgowns or bras, during sexual stimulation, or during breast self examination. These types of discharge are generally considered normal and may be related to hormonal changes.
      memorialbreasthealthcenter.com/nipple-discharge

The first visible evidence of puberty in girls is a nickel-sized lump under one or both nipples. Breast buds, as these are called, typically occur around age nine or ten, although they may occur much earlier, or somewhat later.
      healthychildren.org/English/ag…Girls-What-to-Expect.aspx

So it sounds pretty normal. Everyone develops at different rates and puberty is just kinda weird. If it's worrying you, there's nothing wrong with asking your doctor about it next time you see them. As for covering it up, I can't really suggest much there other than choosing your clothes carefully. But I would say that we're way, way more conscious of the way we look than the way other people look. Most people don't notice and most of those that do won't care. And why should you have to cover it up? We're all different and our bodies all have to go through changes. Those other girls probably had to or are going to go through the same thing as you are.
      What's up, my dudes?
    • 77Annie wrote:

i'm 12 and i have sort of the same thing happening, mine are still really small but the nipples stick out a bit and i hope its normal
      Like i said to Brit, the way your breasts grow is normal and fine. I am sure they look good now and will look good in the future :)
    • My other post got temporarily blocked because I put a link to a website but this is what the website said about fluid:
      "There are different times in a woman's life when she may have nipple discharge, such as puberty and menopause. Women may notice discharge when they are bathing, on their nightgowns or bras, during sexual stimulation, or during breast self examination. These types of discharge are generally considered normal and may be related to hormonal changes."

So there you go. Seems normal!
      What's up, my dudes?
    • Brit,

What you described is def nothing to worry about, especially at your age. I had a similar issue and everything worked itself out. At around 16 for me everything kinda filled out lol. As far as the leakage is concerned, again, normal as long as it's not like weird colors or has a weird smell. Your areolas may stay puffy, or raised, thats one of those things that may not change, but honestly, don't worry about it. As to things poking through... get a thicker swimsuit.
    • Totally normal, I had something kinda similar and I went to a doctor about it... it was nothing to worry about. For me, the weird leakage stopped after about 2 years-ish. So far as the weird raised puffiness, I still have that too, but according to my doctor I'll "grow out of it" or at least it should go away (not be as firm) after a several years. Either way if they still look kinda puffy, that's total fine and natural.