High School

• High School

I've always struggled a little with school, was never the greatest student and I feel like I am really not going to be able to finish it this year and that makes my parents super mad since I will have to spend an extra year finishing it. Since I haven't chosen what I want to study in university they're telling me that if I don't manage to graduate this year it's just better for me to find a job instead of doing nothing for a whole year... I don't mind it but still don't know if that's the best option. ?( ?(
    • If your problems in school are too big for you, take a break. If your parents are ok with you taking a job for a year, do it.
      Sit back and take a day or two to decide what you want. Maybe you can even figure out your problems at school and solve them.
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • Best option is always finishing HS. Since I've always known what I want to study, in 10th grade I started taking basic and advanced courses in arts, art history and design at a local college.

I also joined a junior college program for high schoolers at the same college because it gave me a better idea of what college is all about. I suppose if you aren't sure what to study at university, such orientation courses may be a good thing to attend. And certainly some appointments with consultants of a college or university may help too. So, if your high school doesn't provide a proper consultance for a academic career, most colleges and universities will.
    • Jessica24 wrote:

I've always struggled a little with school, was never the greatest student and I feel like I am really not going to be able to finish it this year and that makes my parents super mad since I will have to spend an extra year finishing it. Since I haven't chosen what I want to study in university they're telling me that if I don't manage to graduate this year it's just better for me to find a job instead of doing nothing for a whole year... I don't mind it but still don't know if that's the best option. ?( ?(
      All we can do is our best. If you spend an extra year finishing school, you won't be doing nothing next year. ;)

If your parents won't pay for your schooling and you have to get a job, you might be able to save your money and then move out. That way, you can decide whether to go to school part time and work part time or work full time. It might be easier just to take one class at a time.

And welcome to Teen Hut. We hope you enjoy being here. :chairdance: