From an Autistic Girl (her mom helped her write this). I'm upset because I can't include any Disney songs in my "Odyssey" script!!!

• From an Autistic Girl (her mom helped her write this). I'm upset because I can't include any Disney songs in my "Odyssey" script!!!

By Zoe and Mom.
      Hello. My name is Zoe and I'm new here. I'm 14 years old and I'm in the 8th grade. I am in Special Education, but also General Education for some classes. My English class has read "The Odyssey" over two weeks and since the school year is almost done, we've been assigned to do our final project, create a script for a puppet show. I have written the whole script by myself, but I included Disney songs like "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" and "Remember Me" (in the land of the dead scene). My one-on-one told me to delete the songs from the script because "They Have Nothing To Do With The Odyssey". Seriously??? I don't want my prezi to have only dialogue and no songs!!! Help!!!
    • Hi Zoe and her mom :)
      Welcome to TeenHut!
      It always stinks when someone tells you to alter your script. Maybe you can ask why "They Have Nothing To Do With The Odyssey". Unfortunately i can't say anything about that because i am not good at such things (writing scripts or stories, use songs, etc.). I hope we have some creative minds here who can help you :)
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • Doesn't have much to do with creativity. And that's how it works. E.g., as script writer you can come up with your best ideas, at least the director decides if they are relevant or not.

In this case, it may be the teach who decides what is relevant or not.

However, if it were a script for a musical ... but even in this case, the songs should be based on the theme of the puppet play.

Also it must be clarified whether the proposed songs can be freely used. Since there is probably a copyright, Disney must give permission to use them. And often that costs money. Often songs can't be used because the school doesn't want to pay for it.

Seems harsh, unfair or whatsoever. But if it's not for dramaturgical reasons, very often legal reasons spoils the fun.