Backstabbing best friend?

• Backstabbing best friend?

.....I need advice. I've been dating this guy for a solid year, and things are going amazingly. But this weekend I found out that one of my best friends (we'll call her virginia) is seriously mad at me for 'ditching the girls all the time to pay attention to my bf'. I sent her a message on facebook asking her about it. She never replied and instead started talking about the situation to our other best friend(we'll call her britney) and complaining about it even more. To make matters worse, the britney, my best friend in the world, lied to me when i asked if she'd heard anything new from the virginia..... I would have believed her except for the fact that her twin sister got on her facebook and copied and pasted the conversations for me. I knew this so i kept promting her to tell me what she knew, saying things like "i tell you what people say about you if they talk bc i think you deserve to know. is there anything i need to know?" to which she says "no of course not, i would tell you."........

so the problem is, what do i do to fix this situation? I love my bf wholeheartedly, and i really dont think i ditch the girls to hang out with him. i only have 1 class with him a day, he has basketball practice/games right after school every day, and we're only allowed to see each other once a weekend. so during the two breaks we have during the school day (lunch and break time) i hang out with him. is that so bad? virginia has multiple classes with her guy, can see him as often during the week as they want to, and after school too bc he doesnt play any sports.

virginia is also mad at me because apparently me and her bf are tight. which we are. when she sees us talking, she gives us these looks like "what the heck is going on here?"...... and like friday in the hallway he came up to me and was talking to me about what he's getting her for hre bday. but again, from across the hall she sees us and gives us this look-to-kill.

what can i do to make her understand my side if she won't even reply when i try to talk to her about it?
    • Re: Backstabbing best friend?

Let me be blunt here, FORGET THEM! Girls like this are not going to be long-term friends, if they were than they would be happy for you. They are not concerned with you or your happiness they only care about themselves. Their problem is that since you have a bf they are no longer the center of your universe, call it jealousy if you would like. Those are the type of friends that you will never be able to count on when it comes down to something of importance.

i agree..forget them!
      im going through the same things with bitchy friends i hate every single one of my best friends becuz they r the worst people in the world and now im stuck with being miserable bcuz i didnt stand up for myself and get the hell out of there. they would understand if they were real friends about you and ur bf. when ur in love its amazing and u have to be with them 24/7. obviously they dont care about your happiness..let the bicthes go! find some worthy frends its worth it in the end!

If you are done explaining everything to them and still they would not understand, just leave them! It is pretty obvious that no matter how long you would try to reach out to them, they would never understand. Real friends should be happy if their friends are happy.

this girl at my school was my best mate since year7. Now am in year 10 and i just found out that she insults me behind my back. best friends dont do that. Friends dont do that! I realised that she was only using me aswell. Whenever she had no one 2 hang around wiv she always came to me. Now when she comes to me i tell her to go fuck herself coz am not someone hu people can use. I stick up 4 myself and let no one get in my way!!! I let no one hurt me. XXX