dont know whAT TO DO

• dont know whAT TO DO

first my mom never hits me. me and my bother got into a fight at mcdonalds we threw ketchup on each other.im older im 15 he is 13. i got some ketchup on some woman clothes and my mom had to reinburst her for the damage. my mom freak out on me told me i was a immature baby and my brother to in front of people in mcdonlads. Leaving mcdonalds she told us that she should get us some pacifers and some pampers and a playpen. people were looking at me. like she was right. she took away my x box my i pod and cell i cant go out on weekends now. on the car ride home she is yelling at us telling us when she goes to wallmart she should buy us a crib and stuff.telling me we made her look like a bad mother shes being a total bitch to me.

Can i turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? isnt it slander or something saying lies about someone. saying i need pampers and making me look bad in public.For the record he started it my brother not me. its not fair shes doing this. she took away my games and i cant go out now cause of that bitch. i want her to chill out and respect me
    • You need to chill out. Yes, I'm sure it was very embarrassing to you to have your mother talk about you being a baby in front of others. She was probably hurt and disappointed in you because;
      you embarrassed her in front of the whole restaurant,
      your mom had to pay the other woman money (money that your mom probably couldn't afford),
      and that whole situation could have been "the straw that broke the camel's back".

In all fairness, throwing food around is something a baby or a toddler would do.
      People were looking at your mom like she was right, probably because other people in the restaurant were thinking the same thing about you and your brother.

I know you said your brother started it but if this ever happens again, don't throw food back at him. Tell the adult who's with you and you won't get into trouble, have your stuff taken away from you, etc.

Calling someone a child when they act like a child is not abuse or slander. You made yourself look bad in public because of your actions.

A part of growing up is realizing that if you misbehave, there are consequences. Your mother taking away your games is fair - it's called punishment. It's something all us adults have to put up with when we do something wrong.

If we want people's respect, we have to earn it. Calling someone nasty names isn't the way to do it.
    • dont know whAT TO DO

I wouldn't call it harassment. I don't think she meant it literally (she didn't go out and buy diapers, for example?) She was probably angry and sometimes anger results in us saying something sarcastic - not to be taken literally.

Does your mother make a habit of belittling you in front of others and saying things like: "You're no good", "you're hopeless", "you'll never amount to anything", etc.? If she does, then there's a problem. If this was a case of her reaching the end of her rope, then I wouldn't call the authorities.
      ```

Yes, your mom shouldn't have said those things and I'm sure she (hopefully) regrets saying them, now. But sometimes it's not easy being a parent, especially if your dad isn't around and she has the responsibility of raising two teenage boys.
      Am I right in guessing that you and your brother fight/tease each other a lot? That can erode anyone's sanity after awhile. ;( If you ever have kids, you'll understand better. :)

Maybe give your mom a little slack and try to be a good son. You'll be happier (you won't get into trouble so much) and your mom will appreciate the effort, I'm sure. :thumbsup:
    • I'm sorry to break it to ya, kiddo, but people already think you're a baby/toddler because of you. Because you were throwing food like a toddler (not because your mom said you needed diapers - and that was just an expression. Nobody expects you to walk around wearing diapers with a pacifier in your mouth.)

I know people have food-fights and that's okay in the right circumstances, but not with other people around who could get food thrown on them to the point that your mom has to reimburse them.
      (And I wasn't there, but I wouldn't be surprised if your mom told both you and your brother to "stop it" - maybe even more than once. And if we don't do what our parents/elders say, sometimes there are consequences.)

You can try to contact Children's Services and see what they say. But they'll interview your mom and the manager/restaurant workers/possibly other customers, too (to get both sides of the story) and if they feel your complaint is unwarranted, they may not appreciate you wasting their time!

Life isn't always going to be fair. I know you're ticked off at your mom right now, but if you don't want to cut her some slack (after what I explained to you), what's that saying about you?