Questions about nudist beaches

• Questions about nudist beaches

EDIT: Turning this into a thread about nudist beach and nudism questions.

I am thinking of going to a nudist beach, and perhaps a nudist camp this summer, so I have a few questions.

I'm aware that you shouldn't stare, creep people out, wave your smartphone around, or any device with a camera, and that you have to be nude.

Problem is, I'll probably be alone, I have social anxiety, I worry a lot in general (diagnosed OCD-alike), and I'll be new, therefore probably impressed by everyone around me being naked.

What's the position on sunglasses? Nobody can see your eyes so that might concern people, but they look good on me, so I'm wondering if I could wear them without worrying people.

Also, what's the mentality of nudists in general if I may ask?
      "Out of the blue and into the black!"
    • Well yeah when its sunny you wear sunglasses, we all do. Mentality well we're pretty laid-back. Looking is okay, no staring. No pictures without permission. You'll probably have lots of people say hi to you, we are friendly people, if you want to talk just let them know. Just be polite and remember its not sexual and you'll be good.
    • FKKGirl wrote:

Well yeah when its sunny you wear sunglasses, we all do. Mentality well we're pretty laid-back. Looking is okay, no staring. No pictures without permission. You'll probably have lots of people say hi to you, we are friendly people, if you want to talk just let them know. Just be polite and remember its not sexual and you'll be good.
      Thanks for the information! People saying hi sounds cool.
    • I will rename this thread so anyone can ask questions about nudism in general.

For now just one more question from me. Is it OK if, even I'm used to it, I still keep liking seeing people naked? And if I like people seeing me naked? I don't want to feel like a "traitor" on the nudist beaches.
    • Machine wrote:

I will rename this thread so anyone can ask questions about nudism in general.

For now just one more question from me. Is it OK if, even I'm used to it, I still keep liking seeing people naked? And if I like people seeing me naked? I don't want to feel like a "traitor" on the nudist beaches.
      Nothing wrong with liking seeing naked people or liking been seen naked. Just know its not the same as being a voyeur or an exhibitionist. Even if you are those things you keep that separate from your time at the nudist places you visit.
    • FKKGirl wrote:

Machine wrote:

Nothing wrong with liking seeing naked people or liking been seen naked. Just know its not the same as being a voyeur or an exhibitionist. Even if you are those things you keep that separate from your time at the nudist places you visit.
      I'm not an exhibitionist or a voyeur.
      So for what I understand, for as long as I don't take pictures and don't do things that will make people uncomfortable, it should be fine. Thanks for your help. :)
    • Machine wrote:

FKKGirl wrote:

Machine wrote:

I'm not an exhibitionist or a voyeur.So for what I understand, for as long as I don't take pictures and don't do things that will make people uncomfortable, it should be fine. Thanks for your help. :)
      Yup that about covers it. Basically don't be creepy and you'll be okay. Make sure you ask permission to take pictures unless the people are with you. Even then its probably good to let them know beforehand.
      Glad I could help. :)