What are the reasons why you stayed alive?

    • What are the reasons why you stayed alive?

      Depression and suicide are difficult things to deal with. Especially when suicide is either taking a part of our life or just the thought of it. Yet, as we have troubles finding the thing or things to make us happy, sometimes you just need a reminder of what life really has for you and what you're going through is just temporary and it will cure itself within time.

      So for everyone who has tackled this journey, what are the things you stayed alive for?

      I'll go first:

      Getting my own apartment
      Having the opportunity to having my very own book published
      Experiencing life outside of an abusive household
      My family and friends that I got now
      "As in heaven as on Earth, we've been dead since our birth" -Hollywood Undead
    • I think for me is:
      Mostly how empathetic I am and how it would affect others
      Having my dream wedding and having children and my family grow
      Travelling the world & seeing beautiful landscapes
      Going to concerts & festivals
      Seeing if one day I’ll become famous haha
      Moving to Brighton or any seaside town
      Actually being able to go to college and Uni one day and having less social anxiety
      Having good friends in the future
    • God and His power of being “mighty to save” (Isaiah 63:1) Oh, how He loves us and longs for a personal relationship with each one of us by us repenting from sin and believing in Jesus Christ; who is God’s only son and yet also God in the flesh, as God is Spirit; and the Gospel that Jesus died for our sins and rose again and is going to return to judge us for our deeds, either sending us to Heaven or Hell, accordingly, and to remake the world in His perfect image again as it was in the Garden of Eden. Also, prayer.

      Jesus Christ loves you perfectly in a way no human on the Earth currently ever could! Happy Valentine’s Day!!
    • For me when I considered in the past, the reason was my little brother. We were living in foster care and I realized that if I was gone there'd be nobody around for him, nobody to look after him, etc. Things were rarely ever good and I just thought it would be selfish to abandon my little brother like that. So in the end I didn't do anything stupid like that and I am here now. We are both here, and our situation now is much better than the awfulness it was, even relatively recently.
    • Nate04 wrote:

      For me when I considered in the past, the reason was my little brother. We were living in foster care and I realized that if I was gone there'd be nobody around for him, nobody to look after him, etc. Things were rarely ever good and I just thought it would be selfish to abandon my little brother like that. So in the end I didn't do anything stupid like that and I am here now. We are both here, and our situation now is much better than the awfulness it was, even relatively recently.
      Your little brother is very fortunate to have a sister like you - thank you. :)
    • pauline wrote:

      Nate04 wrote:

      For me when I considered in the past, the reason was my little brother. We were living in foster care and I realized that if I was gone there'd be nobody around for him, nobody to look after him, etc. Things were rarely ever good and I just thought it would be selfish to abandon my little brother like that. So in the end I didn't do anything stupid like that and I am here now. We are both here, and our situation now is much better than the awfulness it was, even relatively recently.
      Your little brother is very fortunate to have a sister like you - thank you. :)
      *I'm his brother, but yes, thank you.
    • !2020! wrote:

      God gave you a life to live it, not to take it away, and you no need a reasons to not live.. it's simple
      While I appreciate what you say, and that you profess to be a Christian, God can indeed take your life away (1 Samuel 2:6; Job 1:21). Knowing this fact, because God is sovereign over all and can do what He wishes, even allowing evil (eg. Job) for His glory . I believe this is a way we are all meant to fear the Lord but also so praise Him and live for Him and glorify Him in all our sayings and doings (1 Corinthians 10:31; Job 1:21). Indeed, one way we honor God is to not take the life He has given us at our creation by Him, and yes “live it,” but (trying) not to sin by relying on the Holy Spirit within us after our conversion through repenting of sin and believing in Jesus Christ and the gospel.

      Moreover, Jesus said we Christians do, like everyone else, experience tribulation (John 16:33), but, unlike others who may be unconverted, we have hope and hope eternal. I appreciate your enthusiasm for Christ, brother, I really do. Just please don’t interject worldly views like “not to take it away” along with that enthusiasm. We are to have discernment. After all, we don’t want people to become like those who are on stony ground (Matthew 13: 20,21).
    • Kevin85 wrote:

      !2020! wrote:

      God gave you a life to live it, not to take it away, and you no need a reasons to not live.. it's simple
      While I appreciate what you say, and that you profess to be a Christian, God can indeed take your life away (1 Samuel 2:6; Job 1:21). Knowing this fact, because God is sovereign over all and can do what He wishes, even allowing evil (eg. Job) for His glory . I believe this is a way we are all meant to fear the Lord but also so praise Him and live for Him and glorify Him in all our sayings and doings (1 Corinthians 10:31; Job 1:21). Indeed, one way we honor God is to not take the life He has given us at our creation by Him, and yes “live it,” but (trying) not to sin by relying on the Holy Spirit within us after our conversion through repenting of sin and believing in Jesus Christ and the gospel.
      Moreover, Jesus said we Christians do, like everyone else, experience tribulation (John 16:33), but, unlike others who may be unconverted, we have hope and hope eternal. I appreciate your enthusiasm for Christ, brother, I really do. Just please don’t interject worldly views like “not to take it away” along with that enthusiasm. We are to have discernment. After all, we don’t want people to become like those who are on stony ground (Matthew 13: 20,21).
      I'm seriously telling you that I have no idea what you're trying to tell me
    • What I am trying to tell you is that you saying that God doesn’t take away life is unbiblical and you saying simply to live life may be misleading as one could live their life, as you say, but still persist in unrepentant sin, so you perhaps need to clarify. Christians need to give advice truthfully in order to not deceive people or themselves. Unless based on the Bible alone, any advice should be rejected. You may not have thought this, but more tact in your words—especially for Christians such as yourself—is needed.