Had my first mock today

• Had my first mock today

Had my first mock today. It was maths non calculator paper and it went pretty well. We had maths 5th period so our teacher marked some of them then for us and I got 69% which I think is an A but they don't know the garde boundaries yet because it's a new course. I don't understand why they have an exam where the grade boundaries are low... why not just make the paper easier?

Anyway, I have my music mock on wednesday. Anyone else do music? I'm struggling with the listening paper and could do with somebody telling me some good sites or ways to revise. Oh and if anyone knows of any good books to revise it (I'm on the Edexcel board) could they tell me also? They could be useful in preperation for the Summer.
      [CENTER]This is a gift it comes with a price
      Who is the lamb and who is the knife
      Midas is king and he holds me so tight
      And turns me to gold in the sunlight
      - Florence + The Machine, Rabbit Heart

I'm not a misanthrope, but I can utterly empathise with them.
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Had my first mock today

mocks are nothing don't go worrying about them i did mine before christmas and well they just tell you a good indication of how much work you need to do. I'd only revise a little bit , really you don't need to stress about them
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

I'm not stressing I just don't want another D in music and I'm beginning building up my workload now for the Summer. I'm only reviisng for my music and French mocks.

Anyway, I'm stressed enough as it is without adding exams to the equation.

[/CENTER]

tomski wrote:

Had my first mock today. It was maths non calculator paper and it went pretty well. We had maths 5th period so our teacher marked some of them then for us and I got 69% which I think is an A but they don't know the garde boundaries yet because it's a new course. I don't understand why they have an exam where the grade boundaries are low... why not just make the paper easier? .

The Grade boundaries move each year depending on how easy the paper is, if its so easy that everyone was up into the 70% mark then they move the grade boundaries to compensate, same with if people get 40/50% they move the boundaries due to the difficulty of the paper.

Anyway I done my mocks before Christmas and I got an A in maths around 65% on each paper + my coursework which was 23/24 and 21/24 (I think).

they won't tell us any of our grades until jan 23rd they're doing a "mock exam results day" really stupid, means we have to wait about a month just for some practice papers we did, they'll tell us the mark but not the grade, 'cos that'll be on a piece of paper
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

I had maths today too and my teacher was marking papers then because the majority of the class was in an exam and she told us our marks as she finished marking the paper.

The Grade boundaries move each year depending on how easy the paper is, if its so easy that everyone was up into the 70% mark then they move the grade boundaries to compensate, same with if people get 40/50% they move the boundaries due to the difficulty of the paper.

They usually do it from the exams the year before but they can't do that because it's a new specification and so they need to create the ground boundaries from scratch.

[/CENTER]

They're changing it all this year too. We can only right in black ink now because they are photo copying all of the papers and sending examiners one question so that there is consistent marking - well at least that's what's happening with our exams.

[/CENTER]