Is The Media Killing The World?

• Re: Is The Media Killing The World?

iPodge wrote:

The internet is a form of media, if that didnt exist I wouldnt be writing this message

Absolutely, media itself isn't a bad thing, it contributes a lot to our society through films, music, literature, television.

Celebrity culture is damaging for many people, but that's different to media. But magazines rely on people buying them and talking about people like Brittany Spears like we are now. If there was no demand for stories like that, they wouldn't be in the media, so stop creating a demand if you want to help.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

iPodge wrote:

The media mostly reports bad things, it is a load of crap, and the writers strike is really pissing me off too, HURRY UP AND WRITE THE NEXT FUCKING HEROES EPISODE:mad: wow the pixels lol...

i know i miss heroes like crazy! they need to get it over and done with quick! i love watching heroes!
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Courage is when you stand up for what's right, even if means being an outcast! [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=3]=============[/SIZE][/CENTER]

If I may play devil's advocate for a moment...

I believe the media does more good than harm. The media informs us on important happenings so we are not all ignorant and clueless. They draw attention to the wrongs and injustices of the world, and keep us in the know. All things have pros and cons, and in the case of the media the pros vastly outweigh the cons.

DNRINC wrote:

People are killing the world, not the media. People need to stop acting dumb and copying others. If everybody on the planet was intelligent, we'd have no problems.-MISSKISS

Sorry MISSKISS that all the people in the world aint as perfect as you'd like us all 2 be,What i meant by making this thread was that there is alot more important things in the world to report,Wars,Deaths,and also the good side,what famous people that are doing GOOD ,How about reporting that the very First building that hip-hop was born in ,you be gettin sold off and torn down,thats wrong,its like tearing down the white house,it is the birth place of Hip-hop, hate it or love,but its the birth place of a great art form,they MUST report things like this,to let us know what we can do to fix this,and keep things like this ALIVE,Thanks for ur comments everyone,but really,Half of the people on this,"BASH" on this,and then go watch des things like ET news,And for the comment above about how people want to watch this,maybe if we DIDNT watch it,than they would change there faught pattern,People need to Learn how to be FREE,People that call spears crazy are dumb young,Really ,Think about it,again im no fan of her,BUT,JUST because she is famous,everybody wanna piece of her,when there are people just like her,but they never get help,nor do they get reported on everyday,Leave des mofukerz alone,and Worry about YOUR life,Instead of watching peoples down fall on T.V.

'ITS NOT HATE,ITS JUST THE TRUTH'

'I'd rather Die on my feet,than Live on my knees'

Have you considered counting to 10 and breathing slowly? :D:wink:

The media can quite easily be a good thing and often is. But when it's in extremes, such as talking about unimportant things such as celebrities as if they were life/death matters, then it behaves like most things in their extremes do, ie. badly.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

actually for me media is an important thing in our community today and even in the future, by giving us informations of what's goin on around us.....

i just felt petiful in some mediamen, that were treated by some govt. officials like criminals, when covering some national issues.....
      Let me not to the marriage of true minds
      Admit impediments. Love is not love
      Which alters when it alteration finds,
      Or bends with the remover to remove..