Up to what extent would you defend your friend?

• Up to what extent would you defend your friend?

Parents are sometimes nosy when it comes to choosing our friends. They tend to have a lot of criticisms after they first met your best friend and they tend to advise you to stay away from them. How much are you willing to give to be able to defend your friend to your parents?
    • Re: Up to what extent would you defend your friend?

I think it depends, with my best friend of 10 years we have gotten into plenty of trouble together and I will defend her to the very end. With someone who is new then I might take a step back and try to figure out if there is something my parents see that I don’t, if I can find no good reason for their disapproval then I will defend as much as needed.

jess wrote:

I think it depends, with my best friend of 10 years we have gotten into plenty of trouble together and I will defend her to the very end. With someone who is new then I might take a step back and try to figure out if there is something my parents see that I don’t, if I can find no good reason for their disapproval then I will defend as much as needed.

It is really hard to be in a difficult situation wherein it involves a long time friend and your family. So far have you experienced that your family got something against a long time friend of yours?

x-natalie07-x wrote:

If it was my best friend, who i no very well i would always defend her unless she is in the wrong. With other friends my mum tends to let me find out for myself which i always eventually do

It’s a good thing your mom let’s you find your friends’ nature. Other parents would decide for their kids. At least your mom knows that you can be mature enough to be able to know what is good for you.

Well at my age, you tend to get into trouble you would not get into when you are 13. My mom blames my bf for everything I do wrong, she says she is a bad influence on me and tells me repeatedly not to hang out with her. I assume that my mother must know better because I do not disown friends and she knows it. One week, I will be grounded from hanging out the next weekend I will tell mom where I'm going and she'll just look at me, she never says anything until the next time we get in trouble together.

jess wrote:

Well at my age, you tend to get into trouble you would not get into when you are 13. My mom blames my bf for everything I do wrong, she says she is a bad influence on me and tells me repeatedly not to hang out with her. I assume that my mother must know better because I do not disown friends and she knows it. One week, I will be grounded from hanging out the next weekend I will tell mom where I'm going and she'll just look at me, she never says anything until the next time we get in trouble together.

Well in most cases, teens do not have a choice but to obey their parents. If we try to get into their way, we tend to end up in bigger trouble and we might find ourselves grounded.

If it was my best friend I had to defend I would try. If it was a new friend I would ask what they had against the new friend and try to sort it out with my parents.
      Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
      (LOTR)

well i will fight to death for my friends against anyone. i have always been like that and i always will be.
      my mother, like natalies, always lets me figure it out for myself. when i was younger of course i was full of myself and didnt want to hear what she had to say. but now i respect her opinion as i came to realise that an outsiders point of view is so much different from your own, and they often see things that you cannot. but i will always defend them, even when they are in the wrong, unless of course its with me for something understandable personal.
      Why not join my chillout forum? chillout.forum5.com

SaraloveXXX wrote:

I would kill my self just so I can be a gd friend

uhh i wouldn't go that far.....
      if the situation get really extreme i may kill someone else if they were trying to kill my friend but i wouldn't kill myself unless i was taking a bullet or something of that nature
      but with my friends i would always defend them against someone elses bad remarks and such
      but i like to stay balanced and look at the situation from different perspectives to see what is what and who is wrong and who is right