Want to be friends with man who's not my husband, is it wrong?

• Want to be friends with man who's not my husband, is it wrong?

My whole life I have had mostly male friends. I have been married to my husband for almost 4 years, and have had NO friends in that time. He is currently out of the country living with his mother who has diabetes and is near death. I am terribly lonely and my days are consumed with caring for our 3 year old twins.

The only time I am enjoying myself is at the local butcher's. There is a very nice man who works there who is maybe 15 years older than me. He is always very sweet to my children and we are sociable. He knows what is going on with my husband and the other day he said that if I am ever lonely or bored I can call him. Well I would really like to. I would love to have a friend again.

I am not trying to replace my husband, I love him dearly! But I am dying to actually talk to an adult for more than 5 minutes. Would it be wrong to pursue this friendship? Would it be wrong to go out and have fun with him (i.e. go to the park or movies)?

Help! Thanks.
    • Re: Want to be friends with man who's not my husband, is it wrong?

It's not something that would be wrong but have you thought about the consequences of having a male friend especially when your husband isn't in town. Any time you feel lonely you may immediately run to him, which in turn could be a major disaster for your marriage especially if the friendship develops into more because of loneliness. My thoughts would be to try and find a female friend but who says I know anything?

I think that would be cool to have a friend to talk to, and good for you. However I think that you should talk to your husband and ask him how he feels about this. I guess because I have learned from previous male/female relationships, there is a very thin line with these relationships. I feel a man can have female "friends", but it isn't like having a good girlfriend. Hormones are harder to control than you think(pls don't think I am saying you would do something so insane). Men still have penises and women are still women and I really think that you should find a really good female friend that can understand the stress of a marriage and being a mother. Or a single female friend. Just keep your guard up, like I said bf talk to your husband. Playing around with the whole opposite sex friendship could maybe cause drama in your marriage if your husband isn't kept in the loop. Meet friends of your choice and enjoy life

It's no big deal for a girl to make friends with a man but your case maybe special. A male 15 years older than you is already man and, they are right, he's got a penis too aside from being wise to the ways of women and lonely girls are pretty vurnerable. Check out yourself first to see what you really want. You could always communicate with your huband if you are only lonely and there nothing wrong with girl freinds.