How am I messing this up?

• How am I messing this up?

Ok. I have tried being a nice guy all my life, helped with everything that I can, held the door for people, helped them with what ever they need help with. I'm trying to get a girl I like. I have never had a girlfriend before and I need some advice for what I am doing wrong to impress a girl while retaining my sence of self. So would someone give me some insight into the female mind and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I need some serious help here.

Sincerly,
      Brandon
    • Re: How am I messing this up?

i love nice guys.
      i have never had a boyfriend before and feel as if im doing something wrong just like you.

i think i problem is for me is that at times i am to reserved and quiet.
      i think the guys here like girls who are confident and happy and chatty.

alot of girls dig different things in a guy.
      just be yourself
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Yea. same here. I'm quiet because I'm afraid I might say something wrong and screw things up big time. other wise i'm a butterfly around my friends. I think girls like a confident guy. I am confident but I just have troubles with talking to others. its never been my thing. i'm more of a listener. I think a good time on a date is just sitting infront of a fire on a cold night with snow drifting outside just talking with the one I love. I'm only missing one thing. someone to love. I have heard girls at my school complain about their bf being an ass. I don't understand why they're still with them. I'm just a guy who thinks that treating his girl right is the only way to feel like a man. A man should be able to say what he feels without being called a pussy. I guess i'm just old fashioned like that and its who I am. I'm not changeing but I do want to have someone who loves me for me and someone who I can just sit and talk with and still have a great time.

awwwww, you sound like a total sweetheart!
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

I hear I am all the time its just that, they say i'm a sweet heart and then I hear them say that they would love to be my girlfriend BUT then they complain about their bf being an ass and I just don't get it. The worst is when I hear my friends say it. Cause my friends are my life. they mean everything to me. so I try to help but they say I don't get it, they're right. I don't understand why you diliberatly hurt yourself when I'm here with arms wide open waiting for someone to love and treat with the utmost respect which you deserve. I just feel bad when my friends are in pain. I feel bad because I couldn't help them when I could have. I have tryed time and time again helping them. trying to make their lives better and better at the cost of my sweat, blood and tears but they never take my advice. I may have never been in a relationship and not know how it works but I think I have a good idea. I think a man should pay for everything. I think that a man should be with his girl when ever he can, no ifs, ands or buts. I just don't get it. I cry when my friends cry and I hurt when they hurt yet I can't be happy when they are if I know that soon it will end in more tears and pain. I feel like they take me as a friend and not a lover. Yes I know I'm not cute but atleast give me a chance. I may seem rude in school but with highschool there are thousands of ways someone can say something and you never know which it is so I just assume the worst and act mean when i'm really not. its just so as I can end their torment of me I have had for years and years. I am trying and trying, harder and harder to save everyone I possibly can even if it costs me my life but still. All I want is to hear some one say they love me besides my relatives and to give me my first kiss. thats all I want. is that too much to ask?

awww thats so sweet, you are a very good person.
      you feel that you expect something in return for being nice, but sometimes its just not like that.

i feel exactly the same with everything you just said.
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

yea. I know karma doesn't exist but I guess all I can do is hope, pray, and wait for something close to a miricle to happen, because apparently I am not what a teenage girl looks for. I'm an intelligent young man who is much more mature then the rest of his age group but. I just don't understand the game of love. I try and play but my first move is always my last. when I preform a nice jesture I get labeled with the friend status.

Thanks for listening and encourageing me. Your a great friend. If only more people could be like you. If only more people could be as close to being a saint as possible like you. If only this was not just a wild wish from the mind of a Loveing dreamer

lol, yes i see you are mature for your age, however old you are.
      i dont understand the game of love either, but i guess im to young to know better yet, being 15 doesnt do much for me.

you cant just wait for a miracle to come, you have to find it, and embrace it.
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

dont worry you will.
      it takes time.
      sometimes you just have to get out there, you will never know what happens if you just sit around feeling bad,
      :)
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

it takes sometime + alot of effort to maintain it. by the by, I was hopeing of there also being a plane ride past the international date line and go south to meet a friend who I hope I can be more then too. Don't read into that. its just ummm yea its ummmmm *blushes* ahhhhhh mannnn you got me blushing again. How come you have that power over me?

Brandon Burnthorn wrote:

Ok. I have tried being a nice guy all my life, helped with everything that I can, held the door for people, helped them with what ever they need help with. I'm trying to get a girl I like. I have never had a girlfriend before and I need some advice for what I am doing wrong to impress a girl while retaining my sence of self. So would someone give me some insight into the female mind and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I need some serious help here.

Sincerly,
      Brandon

Now. I love nice guys.
      The gentlemen, but only if they are actually interesting people to be around.
      Guys who are just boring, and nerdy aren't any fun at all.
      You have to have a good personality, and a sense of humor.
      You don't have one, get one.

Brandon Burnthorn wrote:

it takes sometime + alot of effort to maintain it. by the by, I was hopeing of there also being a plane ride past the international date line and go south to meet a friend who I hope I can be more then too. Don't read into that. its just ummm yea its ummmmm *blushes* ahhhhhh mannnn you got me blushing again. How come you have that power over me?

aw shucks you're a very nice guy.
      you know how to treat a girl right.
      :hugs:
      heh.
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

lol. you like killing me softly huh? XD
      and angelwings. no offence but I am fun to be around. time is the only thing that determines how much fun I am because if I just got to know you then I fear I might mess things up and then not have a chance. Once you get to know me more I'm more comfortable being fun and random like I actually is.

I myself am the same way. Too reserved and quite and never speak much and fearful of saying something stupid. Yet I am still a nice guy and can get along with anyone. No girls ever look at me as if they like me though. I pretty much picked up videogames and stopped tring for a few years.

You must show more of your personality and humor even though its pretty much the hardest thing for you to do in front of someone you don't know or might care to know or really like. I know how you feel and how hard it feels to move or do anything really. You have to force yourself to ignore that feeling. If she is out with you anyway she is at least somewhat interested in knowing about you and being all quite isn't going to do much for her.

Girls like it when guys are different from each other! so i think you have a chnace of gettin in especially since you havent had a girlfriend yet! just be yourself try talkin to the girl get to know her a bit and ask her out! honestly you dont need an insight on a girls mind ;) guys will get confused big time anyways like i said be yourself and dont try to change yourself for a girl because if you lose who you are then you'll lose it forever! :)
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Courage is when you stand up for what's right, even if means being an outcast! [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=3]=============[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Nice guys finish last :( I'd probably say your little dilemma is more down to the women, not you. No offense to any ladies, but women seem to like the "hard nut" type of guy more than the nice guys, and the pathetic thing is that when you get with 'em, you complain men treat you like shit. Wanna answer? Simple - Go for the nice guy!

I know how ya feel, mate. I got a gf now but I still try and act nice around people just 'cause it's what I do, but I get the piss ripped outta me and all the dirty yobs at school think it's funny that I don't act like a complete dickhead.

All I could say is hang out with some nice, down to Earth girls and keep as far away from bitchy little sluts as you can who'll just get with dickheads and then complain about it. I noticed the down to Earth girls seem to get with alright guys. :D

By the way, for any ladies that might get offended, I was just generalising :D.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by BlockHead2111 ().

Brandon Burnthorn wrote:

lol. you like killing me softly huh? XD
      and angelwings. no offence but I am fun to be around. time is the only thing that determines how much fun I am because if I just got to know you then I fear I might mess things up and then not have a chance. Once you get to know me more I'm more comfortable being fun and random like I actually is.

lol killing you softly
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]