Anorexia =[

• heyah!
      im new and shiz, but the only reason i join was because i have problems that i cant deal with on my own.

2 of my best mates are anorexic =[. I went to town with them today and they were making themselves throw up. It was horrible. they are not even fat. I said that i thought that they should stop and stuff, but they said that i didnt understand and shizz. they also self harm (wrong forum xD) but i suppose they have good reasons!

Pleasee! help me!

Gina xxx
    • Re: Anorexia =[

"good reasons" what are they?

Do they understand that they ahve a problem, the first thing to get betetr is to realise you actualyl have a problem. You need to show them what annorexia can do and get this image out of their head of them being stick thin, you also need to be understanding though. Don't be forceful about making them stop or else they might be even more determined. Ask them why they do it what their reasons are for doing it, if it makes them feel better, and once you know all the ins and outs you can help them get through it.
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

its like somthing you cant get out of your head " your so fat""your ugly and discusting" and it plays over and over and its all you can think about. its not exactly somthing you really have a choice in ither. i mean if i could go out to dinner with friends without hating myself i would but its really just not that simple

Mini_Ry wrote:

its like somthing you cant get out of your head " your so fat""your ugly and discusting" and it plays over and over and its all you can think about. its not exactly somthing you really have a choice in ither. i mean if i could go out to dinner with friends without hating myself i would but its really just not that simple

So in your mind is it when you can se bones that you then find yourself attractive? whens the point when it becomes enough, or is it never enough...
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

For starters, if they are puking then it's not anorexia. It's bulimia. If they aren't eating correctly then it's anorexia. But you're not a doctor. To be anorexia you must be at least 15% underweight. I classify it as if you're puking up your food after binging then yes, you're bulimic. And if you're intaking less than the normal rate of calories then you're anorexia.

It's basically your mind inset telling you that you're fat and that you've going to be good enough. You set a goal weight for yourself and you achieve it. But then you realize that it's not good enough, so you continue to lose weight. Because it's never enough. It's something that needs medical help.

I wouldn't tell your friends that they have an ED because you don't know. And you don't want them thinking the bad thing. Speaking from someone that has an ED, other people's opinions on the matter doesn't really mean anything. You might tell your friends they look amazing but to them, they don't.

nicole91 wrote:

Thye force themsleves to throw upbecause they are trying to be skinnier, of course they have an eating disorder?

You're not a doctor.
      They can only be classified as having an eating disorder if they are 15% underweight. The doctors won't classify them as having an eating disorder if they aren't. It certainly depends on the doctor as well.