Making good first impressions, fresh start

• Making good first impressions, fresh start

Did a brief forum search and nothing came up.

I'll be starting post High School education (Doing a Graphics & Print course), I'm hoping to take this as a fresh start and make new friends, since I have never been overly socially active (ok, at all) Though I am wondering on how to make good first impressions; in a situation where you don't know anybody and you're not familiar with your surroundings (ie; school campus)? I am not the most independent of people, though I am hoping this can be the 'next step' and re-energies myself.

Though not to make the thread all about me, feel free to post your own experiences, fresh start or just good impressions you've made and most of all ideas to myself or anybody that needs a little motivating to get to the next step (if you can call it that).

Look forward to some responses, hopefully my post wasn't too confusing.

;)
    • Re: Making good first impressions, fresh start

The key to making friends when around new people is to treat them like they are already your friend. Especially with guys its easy... just make a comment about a girl or something and he will smile and say something or give you a nod unless hes gay or just unsociable.

Just ask questions about people and remember what they say so you can bring that back up next time you see them for instance.

"Hey jim what u doin this weekend?"

"Not much... im playn soccer though"

So next week you can ask him about that and you can build conversations from that. Once your comfortable with people you can ask if they wanna hang outside of school. Get there email/phone number but dont sound like a stalker.

Be friendly and nice but dont be afraid to be a little cocky and funny. Also voice your opinion dont be a pushover. If you want to be confident you gotta look & feel confident so dress well and have good posture & smile.