Rules

• Don't really have rules. I have a bedtime :P which is 10pm but thats cause i have to get up at 6 which in my opinion is fair enough. But that is it. They do seem like strict rules but i have noticed in many familys around me that the parents are always more strict with the younger ones because they are always the 'babys' of the family. That is probably why you have such strict rules, because it is always difficult for parents to accept that their 'babys' aren't babies anymore and are growing up.
      [CENTER]
      :gay:[/CENTER]
    • My parents just expect us to use our best judgment. We can stay out or go places without telling, but of course, we are not allowed to drink, smoke, etc. Neither of us do much anyway though. My sister stays home a lot and just draws and I go over to friends house to cook or to watch movies/play video games. Oh yeah, we're not allowed to swear... well, a little is OK but definitely not in front of my parents, haha. That and clean up after ourselves... Not much really.
      Smileyface.
    • Jia Ren Qu wrote:

Some of them are for the kids own good. Sorry but that's how I see it.

I don't disagree.
      I'm not asking to have no rules and to be able to run around like a wild child. I just think some of the rules accomplish nothing more than tearing my parents and I farther apart.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]We've been treating love like a battlefield
      For far too long.
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    • I can't disagree to the end part.

Well let's have a look at what I had to do:

- No talking (yes the rules got that pathetic)
      - No going out at all unless it was to the library
      - I had all my money I earnt from my job (not their money) taken off me which was considered a week's board $500 +
      - No revealing clothes
      - No friends allowed in the house
      - Not allowed to be in the house if my parents had a business guest over
      - I had to eat after my parents had left the dining area
      - No hair dying or piercings
      - No books that would considered offensive against my religion
      - No mobile or phone calls
      - No chatrooms etc.

Do I go on?
      [LEFT]I’m psychotic synchypnotic
      I got my blue burners and phonic
      I’m psychotic synchypnotic
      I got my brand electronic [/LEFT]
    • Jia Ren Qu wrote:

I can't disagree to the end part.

Well let's have a look at what I had to do:

- No talking (yes the rules got that pathetic)
      - No going out at all unless it was to the library
      - I had all my money I earnt from my job (not their money) taken off me which was considered a week's board $500 +
      - No revealing clothes
      - No friends allowed in the house
      - Not allowed to be in the house if my parents had a business guest over
      - I had to eat after my parents had left the dining area
      - No hair dying or piercings
      - No books that would considered offensive against my religion
      - No mobile or phone calls
      - No chatrooms etc.

Do I go on?

Fuck that. :|

Seriously, I'd leave...

And you say there were more? :o
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Well, I have a curfew. But its 2pm on the weekend and 10pm as long as there isn't any homework and I don't fall behind during the week. Just in case some of us want to go see a movie or hang-out, etc. And I get in trouble if I am even 10 minutes late because they usually are waiting up for me and have to work in the morning and it pisses them off. Then I have to do my own dishes and not leave them when they get home from work to do. Then I have to clean my room. But they don't usually come in my room, anyway. So, I leave it for the weekends and put everything under the bed until then. And I try to help them as much as I can at times. Like help paint the room, or vacuum. It makes them happy. Which in the long run, makes me happy because they feel they can trust me. I guess.
    • ok. well. i dont live with my mom anymore becuz i got kicked out awhile ago. so now i live with my sister. when i lived with my mom, i didnt have rules.
      we got drunk together, my boyfriend slept in my bed and i slept in his whenever we wanted, i didnt have a curfew or anything like that at any time. my mom paid for all of my piercings and were getting our first tattoos together. um. lets see. i went to parties, she dropped me off and told me dont get arrested. then i usually had to call her to come bail me and brittany out the next day. um. she didnt want me doing drugs or smoking cigarettes tho. but basically everything else was ok. i just told her where i was going and left or else she dropped me off. i mean i literally didnt have any rules at all. shed write me notes excusing me from school and me n my friends would skip at my house which was rite across the street from our school. um. and so yeah. i was allowed to do what i wanted.
      now that i live wit my sis and her husband, i have rules. im not allowed to have guys over really unless theyre here. im not sure if were allowed in tha same bed. im allowed to stay with friends sometimes, only if theyve met them and asked them a million questions. i have to ask to go places. im not allowed to drink, go to parties, and whatnot. i dont have a bedtime or a curfew anymore. and um. i have to do chores, but other than that i guess its ok. o and ppl arent allowed to call past a certain time.
      i prefer no rules, but imma be outta this bitch may 6, so its whateva
    • Nokaa wrote:

Well, some of the smaller ones that bother me, but I could probably live with if it were just one or two of them are:
      No dyed hair
      No piercings (They made me take mine out when I came home.)
      No fast food
      9:30 curfew on weekdays
      Up by 6:30 on weekends

The ones that really bother me:
      11 curfew on weekends
      No boys in the house .. ever
      I can spend $50 of my paycheck, the rest goes in savings (Which isn't a bad idea, but it still ticks me off :))
      No jeans except on weekends
      In my room for the night by 11:30 on weekdays (I'm 17, a bedtime really isn't necessary)

Those are the big ones, and then of course there is little things that irk me, but I can deal with those.

The things that I see as being stupid :
      No dyed hair
      No piercings (They made me take mine out when I came home.)
      No fast food
      Up by 6:30 on weekends
      No jeans except on weekends

Now the things I can see thier point about:
      11 curfew on weekends (When I was 17 I had a 11:30 curfew...Im 18 and have a 12:30 curfew, I can understand why..What are you going to be doing out that late besides getting yourself into trouble? My parents were understanding if I told them somthing like "___ and I are going to the late movie and wont be out till 11:20. Would it be ok for me to be out untill 12:00?)
      No boys in the house .. ever(There just looking out for your well being, although maybe if you said you wanted ____ to come over for supper they would let him? Once they got to know ____ a bit better they may become more llinet(sp?) about this
      I can spend $50 of my paycheck, the rest goes in savings (Speaking from a college students point of view this is a good idea, It is very expensive going to school full-time!)
      In my room for the night by 11:30 on weekdays (Although you may be 17 they want you to be able to get some sleep...And not to keep them up)