Alcohol should be illegal

• Alcohol should be illegal

Out of all the addictive drugs out there, I believe alcohol is worst then all of them! Alcohol has probably ruined more lives than all of the illegal drugs combined in the history of mankind! Many of the people that are drug addicts were alcoholics prior to their addiction. Whenever I see a homeless person on the side of the road with a beer in their hand, I see somebody who once had dreams and ambitions and basically gave up because the alcohol took over their lives. Most people would probably call them a "bum" and make fun of them. I believe alcohol has absolutely no purpose in this world and should be illegal. There are so many groups out there who feel cigarettes should be illegal yet there are none that feel alcohol should be illegal. Who cares about cigaretts! They can take up to 50 years to kill you! People can die in one night from drinking alcohol! Whenever you go to a party or social event where everyone is drinking, the peer pressure kicks in and you look stupid if you don't drink. And when it's time to go home and there's nobody around to drive you home, what do you do? Most people get in their cars and hope no cops pull them over. That's why there's so many drunk driving accidents out there. I think somebody should take a stand against alcohol because this is a serious issue. I know most of you are going to refer to prohibition and how it was a failure. This is the 21st century and times have changed!
      Signature removed by staff. You must have 50 posts in order to post a link in your signature.
    • Re: Alcohol should be illegal

Well alcohol is not the main issue here. It's stupid people who make stupid descisions that lead to stupid mistakes.

Alcohol is not the problem. The problem is that some people can't control their drinking; they can't stop.

What do you mean alcohol does not have a purpose in this world? It's a drink. It's a beverage. It's only difference with the other drinks you consume is that it could get you drunk it you drink too much. Well that's not a problem. If you wan't to prevent that, then don't drink alot!

I'm no goody goody so don't get me wrong here. But I don't consider alcohol just to be a simple beverage. If people wanted beverages they would buy a gatorade or a coke. Most people that are so-called "light weights" seriously start feeling the effects after just a couple of drinks. And why do most people start drinking in the first place? Because they want to be cool or simply out of curiosity. Not because it has any important purposes.
      Signature removed by staff. You must have 50 posts in order to post a link in your signature.

Lol. You look stupid if you don't drink? Take it like a man biatch. No-one takes the piss outta me if I don't drink, although 99% of the time I do.

And I don't call them bums, I call them CrackHeads.

Because they want to be cool or simply out of curiosity. Not because it has any important purposes.

You can apply that to all drugs, don't just single out alcohol...Alcohol hater :mad:
      Get rid of your expectations, and free yourself.

Because they want to be cool ? how about some of us enjoying the taste and not just getting pissed, not so much anymore but i used to drink a few pints every day and shots of whiskey frequently, not to get pissed but to savour the taste and enjoy in my own home, by myself.
      #1 pickup line of all time: "Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gregdavidson wrote:

Hey dude! When you're on the side of the road in the future with a big sign on you, I'll throw a quarter your way.

Yeah somehow i don't think you'll see me in america for starters.
      Secondly it's down to people if they want to drink responsibly or recklessly.
      The latter being more commonplace.
      #1 pickup line of all time: "Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gregdavidson wrote:

Out of all the addictive drugs out there, I believe alcohol is worst then all of them! Alcohol has probably ruined more lives than all of the illegal drugs combined in the history of mankind! Many of the people that are drug addicts were alcoholics prior to their addiction. Whenever I see a homeless person on the side of the road with a beer in their hand, I see somebody who once had dreams and ambitions and basically gave up because the alcohol took over their lives. Most people would probably call them a "bum" and make fun of them. I believe alcohol has absolutely no purpose in this world and should be illegal. There are so many groups out there who feel cigarettes should be illegal yet there are none that feel alcohol should be illegal. Who cares about cigaretts! They can take up to 50 years to kill you! People can die in one night from drinking alcohol! Whenever you go to a party or social event where everyone is drinking, the peer pressure kicks in and you look stupid if you don't drink. And when it's time to go home and there's nobody around to drive you home, what do you do? Most people get in their cars and hope no cops pull them over. That's why there's so many drunk driving accidents out there. I think somebody should take a stand against alcohol because this is a serious issue. I know most of you are going to refer to prohibition and how it was a failure. This is the 21st century and times have changed!

Bullshit. No compound has that much power over a person. There is no such thing as alcoholism, you've been inculcated by religious fanatics. People who drink problematically simply have no ambition greater than drinking, and it is their liberty to fuck up if they want to. No behavior that requires a decision every time you repeat it is something that controls you.

Only people like you are likely to become alcoholics, the ones who think people can't help themselves, and it's all bullshit.

Even if your accusations were true, fuck you. Nothing of that nature should ever be illegal. Innocent people still die from our war on drugs. Just look at Columbia and the effects the illegalisation of cocaine have on their industry and people. Times can develop but human nature does not change.

gregdavidson wrote:

I know most of you are going to refer to prohibition and how it was a failure. This is the 21st century and times have changed!

Lol, just because that was less than a hundred years ago means that people have changed? We're just as stupid now as we were then. The same thing would happen.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]