Regret

• First I want to introduce myself - I am a new member here. I came seeking some much needed advice....I can't go to anyone else and this is weighing down on my mind.

Ok, I am currently in a relationship with a girl. This girl I have known for over six years and she is honestly my best female friend. We've told each other everything that there is to know about one another. Recently we both went through nasty breakups with other people and we started hanging out more and eventually started dating.

As of right now it has been a a month and two weeks since we began and so far it has been smooth sailing. We've had time to spend with each other, go to each others' houses, go on dates. Before tonight, we never really did anything bad just some cuddling and kissing...(but I'll explain more later)
      It is really good thing going on, in my opinion. Here is my worry however.

The last relationship she was in had her dealing with this overly horny guy who cared nothing except getting into her pants. They dated about as long as me and her are right now and she opened up and told me that he was the first person she had ever done anything with and she did tell me what happened. Nothing more than a little playing around...basically second base, if you will. She broke it off when she basically stood up for herself and got rid of the scum.

Now me...before her I've only had one girlfriend in my high school days(me and her are both seniors, btw.) My first girlfriend completely ignored my ass and then decided that I was the bad person and broke up with me...but thats a different story. I had never kissed a girl...never done anything "inapproperate" with a girl at all. I..well...WAS...a Mr. Goodie Two-Shoes.

But back to this one....tonight I went over to her grandparents house. We watched some movies and then she decided to take things up a step just a bit(Because she told me that when it was "that time of the month" that she was incredibly...you know....

To put it lightly, she basically led me to first base. I played it cool and went with it and she said I was doing fine. Through the night we basically ignored the movies while we talked and made out. Then I got a bit carried away and stopped myself just short of second base. I looked at her and I said, "I need to stop. This is exactly what happened with you and the last guy. I don't want to rush things at all or I fear we might end up the same way your last relationship did. You said that after that last relationship you said you wanted to take things slow and so do I." She understood and said that if I felt too unconfortable that I didn't need to. Later however we both got a bit carried away and we "ran to second base"....I was so nervous at that point it was not funny. I felt insanely guilty but she told me not to stop. Finally, once it ended I left her house after saying my goodbyes and went home.

Now I feel insanely guilty for what I did. Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing experience(one which I had never had before) and she told me she was fine with it all but i still am kind of worried. Was it too early to do anything that extreme? Am I just overreacting? I would appreciate anyone's help here.