13 Year Old Having Sex

• Re: Do you think sex is ok for 12-13 year olds

Adramlech wrote:

It's not exactly hard to handle pregnancy, tell parents, go doctors, get it killed.

That's not handling it, that's letting someone else handle it, which is exactly what I mean. Plus it's not always as simple as getting it killed.
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

Contraceptives aren't the only issue. As mentioned earlier, if you're not able to deal with the consequences that may come from having sex, you have no business doing it. This, to anyone in their right mind, applies to 12 and 13 year olds, who, in most cases are not aware of the dangers of sex.

Whether the child has learned about it or not in school is not the issue. If you learned about it in school, you would know that NONE of the methods provided have a 100% protection against pregnancy or STDS. They can take all the safety precautions they want, but the chance of getting a disease, or getting pregnant is still there, even if the chances are low. A 12 year old, I am very sure, is not ready to deal with these consequences.

I don't get what someone's IQ has to do with the level of maturity, especially at 12 and 13... You had sex at 13 and didn't regret it. Obviously, the situation is not the same for everyone. I guess until you end up with an std, you wont realize it.
      [SIZE=4]Wtf...Is my rep bar green?
      [/SIZE]

Hobone wrote:

Contraceptives aren't the only issue. As mentioned earlier, if you're not able to deal with the consequences that may come from having sex, you have no business doing it. This, to anyone in their right mind, applies to 12 and 13 year olds, who, in most cases are not aware of the dangers of sex.

Whether the child has learned about it or not in school is not the issue. If you learned about it in school, you would know that NONE of the methods provided have a 100% protection against pregnancy or STDS. They can take all the safety precautions they want, but the chance of getting a disease, or getting pregnant is still there, even if the chances are low. A 12 year old, I am very sure, is not ready to deal with these consequences.

I don't get what someone's IQ has to do with the level of maturity, especially at 12 and 13... You had sex at 13 and didn't regret it. Obviously, the situation is not the same for everyone. I guess until you end up with an std, you wont realize it.

+rep.

The part in bold applies to more than just 12 & 13 year olds. I personally think that people should wait to have sex until they are emotionally, mentally, and physically capable of handling any circumstances that may arise from having sex, be it a STD or pregnancy. Even if precautions are taken, there's no fail proof way to go about having sex and not getting pregnant or otherwise, granted when the proper precautions are taken the chances are far smaller, but the risk is still there.

Besides, most 12 & 13 year olds won't be able to take the correct precautions when having sex.

onyxeyes wrote:

And possibly be emotionally scarred for the rest of your life.

Yeah, never understood exactly why people care, i mean, if you don't want it you shouldnt care.
      If you can't because your at a critical stage of your life, get over it, you can have more.

hey can take all the safety precautions they want, but the chance of getting a disease, or getting pregnant is still there, even if the chances are low. A 12 year old, I am very sure, is not ready to deal with these consequences.

I got swabbed ( Cotton bud down the japs eye. ) at 14, an ex didn't want to risk having sex and her getting an STD, fair enough, hurt like fuck for a few days as i was pissing razorblades, but i managed fine.
      Anyone who knows me on a personal level would know that if they have any idea of keeping a bambino they can rest assured i'd sooner die than raise one.

not all children that age are even physically capable of having sex.

So don't have sex if you can't, although i'm sure it's a very small percentage of boys who can't get it up by 12.
      #1 pickup line of all time: "Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adramlech wrote:

Yeah, never understood exactly why people care, i mean, if you don't want it you shouldnt care.
      If you can't because your at a critical stage of your life, get over it, you can have more.
      And so may want to keep it but know that they're incapable of doing so. Also, abortions, especially multiple abortions, can cause infertility problems later in life. So saying "you can have more" isn't 100% accurate. Imagine someone who was pregnant early on in life but had an abortion, then later in life when the person was ready to have a child couldn't because of side effects of the abortion. That would be horrible for them.

Anyone who knows me on a personal level would know that if they have any idea of keeping a bambino they can rest assured i'd sooner die than raise one.
      How lovely. I'm sure that if your girlfriend ever got pregnant she would be thrilled to know that the first thing out of your mouth would be "abortion." and now "What do you want to do about this?" What if she decided she wanted to keep it? Ultimately it's the female's decision whether or not to have an abortion.

So don't have sex if you can't, although i'm sure it's a very small percentage of boys who can't get it up by 12.
      Most boys don't go through puberty completely by 12.

onyxeyes wrote:

I personally think that people should wait to have sex until they are emotionally, mentally, and physically capable of handling any circumstances that may arise from having sex, be it a STD or pregnancy. Even if precautions are taken, there's no fail proof way to go about having sex and not getting pregnant or otherwise, granted when the proper precautions are taken the chances are far smaller, but the risk is still there.
      I also want to add to that responsible and financially stable and capable of handling the circumstances as well. I forgot to put that earlier.

And so may want to keep it but know that they're incapable of doing so. Also, abortions, especially multiple abortions, can cause infertility problems later in life. So saying "you can have more" isn't 100% accurate. Imagine someone who was pregnant early on in life but had an abortion, then later in life when the person was ready to have a child couldn't because of side effects of the abortion. That would be horrible for them.

Well, i never knew that, but while the condom isnt 100% it does a damn fine job over the years while i did use em.

How lovely. I'm sure that if your girlfriend ever got pregnant she would be thrilled to know that the first thing out of your mouth would be "abortion." and now "What do you want to do about this?" What if she decided she wanted to keep it? Ultimately it's the female's decision whether or not to have an abortion.

Uhm, my girlfriend hates children more than me <3

I'm done in this thread, regardless of how much i appeal there will only be a minority whom agree :>
      #1 pickup line of all time: "Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adramlech wrote:

Well, i never knew that, but while the condom isnt 100% it does a damn fine job over the years while i did use em.
      I can almost guarantee you that you've knocked up at least one girl, whether you've known it or not, hell she might now have even known. About 50% of pregnancies end up as a miscarriage, some so early on that the female may not even know she's pregnant.

Uhm, my girlfriend hates children more than me <3

For starters it was a hypothetical question and situation. Also, she has the ability to change her mind. Hating children is one thing, but I'm sure she wouldn't hate her child, or possible future child.

I'm done in this thread, regardless of how much i appeal there will only be a minority whom agree :>
      That's because this honestly isn't an opinion type of question. It's a question where people's opinions can be right or wrong. 12 and 13 year olds are far too young to be having sex, which is more of a fact than an opinion.

I have said this once now i'm saying it again..
      I have never had it, i still feel too young and i am very legal to have it. However i am fully aware of the getting pregnant lark etc and certainly would only have it with the person i truly loved. I only think sex is right if you're over 16, not just for the maturity of it, but because a lot of people under that age arent really in love with their partner.

i a a boy and 13 and i say No!!! it not ok for 13 year olds to have sex... even if they know what thay are doing, i whouldve said sure about 3 days ago but i just got back from a cristian concert called ATF (aquire the fire} but when you have sex a chemical is released that bond you with your Partner and it can only be released to 2 difrent people, you dont want that used up by the time your 15 and wait til your wedding night! ill be great if you never had sex before.