Why are lesbians seen as cool and gays seen as discusting?

• Re: Why are lesbians seen as cool and gays seen as discusting?

panicmayarise wrote:

Well it's mostly straight guys who are not confident with their sexuality are the ones who think gays are disgusting. I guess they are afraid or embarrassed to be seen with homosexuals in public because of the fear that people would think they are gay as well.
      So they put on acts to make it seem like they think that gays are gross or whatever, eventhough most of them probably don't care about what other people's orientations are. They just put on that act so people would think they are manly men or whatever.

Personally, I don't really care. I even act gay sometimes and I don't care what other people think because I know I am straight no matter what they think or speculate.

:)

great point and i dont no about other gurls but i digg guys that are comfortable with there sexuality its sexy :D
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WOW Some truely awesome ppl on the tinterweb
      should of spent more time in forums
      i actually fell like im someone tnx to u guys

Well it's mostly straight guys who are not confident with their sexuality are the ones who think gays are disgusting. I guess they are afraid or embarrassed to be seen with homosexuals in public because of the fear that people would think they are gay as well.
      So they put on acts to make it seem like they think that gays are gross or whatever, eventhough most of them probably don't care about what other people's orientations are. They just put on that act so people would think they are manly men or whatever.

Personally, I don't really care. I even act gay sometimes and I don't care what other people think because I know I am straight no matter what they think or speculate

thats a great point :D
      how come i never meet as nicer guys as u in my town!
      "I don't think you'll ever hear a gay person say that their orientation is a choice. The only choice is whether or not to live a lie" "Homosexuality is not a disease. It is not catching. It will not rub off."

GSLING wrote:

Do girls think the same about lesbians ?

I'm not really sure. But after all, girls are more open than guys. It's generally socially acceptable for girls to hold hands, hug each other, and even kiss each other on the cheeks. If guys do that, then well people's mouths open and they spew stupidities and stuff.

People percieve men as strong and masculine, so they think these things shouldnt be done be "real" men.

I think it's horsecrap. This is why the scene or emo culture had become so popular with todays youth. The guys are more sensitive and kind of feminine and the girls in the scene liked that change.

Guys can be feminine and still stay straight. Unfortunately, there are still people who are ignorant. :/

panicmayarise wrote:

I'm not really sure. But after all, girls are more open than guys. It's generally socially acceptable for girls to hold hands, hug each other, and even kiss each other on the cheeks. If guys do that, then well people's mouths open and they spew stupidities and stuff.

People percieve men as strong and masculine, so they think these things shouldnt be done be "real" men.

I think it's horsecrap. This is why the scene or emo culture had become so popular with todays youth. The guys are more sensitive and kind of feminine and the girls in the scene liked that change.

Guys can be feminine and still stay straight. Unfortunately, there are still people who are ignorant. :/

that is 100% true
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

panicmayarise wrote:

wow once agian great post
      i agree with u there
      well i wouldnt class myself feminine
      im not camp jus like guys instead of gals
      and i wouldnt class myself as emo either
      coz i often get called a chav coz i wear trakkies n hoodies
      but sometimes i were emo clothes coz they rock!!
      love skinnies !!
      "I don't think you'll ever hear a gay person say that their orientation is a choice. The only choice is whether or not to live a lie" "Homosexuality is not a disease. It is not catching. It will not rub off."

well im not massively musscled (that doesnt make sence i dont think but meh)
      but im not fat - i like to think im a reasonable build

well thnx guys gd views and opinions
      im hoping to do a english presentation on homosexuality
      so im collecting some views on diff categories

wow im brave probs get the **** kicked out of me afterwards but should be gd

ive got a sh*t english group though
      theres like 3 groups of ppl
      the group who are popular aand who are too cool for gays
      another group awho are jus idiotic chavs who hate evryone
      and th eother group are bible bashers who think homosexality is wrong

theres like one friend of mine in the whole class

Im straight(Guy) but i dont have a problem with gay or bi guys.. Its not like its a disease you catch....... Pretty stupid to be "scared" of gay or bi people..

Thats just how my parents raised me..
      "Difference between stupidity and a genius is that a genius has its limits" -Albert Enstein

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zeal0201: . ().

lol fnx buddy there are nice people out there :D
      unfortunately all on the internet :(

Its really annoying i dont know many people who think being gay is completely acceptable
      most of my best friends think its weird but they have accepted it and now treat me normally
      i have to say i have the greatest girl friend in the world
      shes the same age shes a lesbian
      and we can talk about anything
      we try and go on double dates and then it looks like were all straight