Dangerous Nights, an AU fanfic part three

• Dangerous Nights, an AU fanfic part three

Okay, here's the ending.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or any of it's chracters. I do, however, own my plot.

Her fears were confirmed only a half-second later when both of them erupted in song. “Someone’s got a crush, someone’s got a crush,” they sang like children in a playground.

“Shut up, shut up,” she said flatly. They both were laughing, and soon she joined in. Even though she felt crappy, it still felt good to laugh. Though it did make her headache a little worse.

“Seriously though, Kagome, we’re really glad that you’re okay. We were so worried when you didn’t show up. And then we got that horrible phone call from the hospital when they finally thought to look in your purse. We had called everyone we could think of and still couldn’t find out anything,” Miroku said, looking at her.

“Yeah, I had to hold him down to keep him from going out there and searching for you himself. I kept telling him that it wouldn’t do any good for anyone if he got himself mugged or killed. Oh Kagome, I’m just so glad that you’re okay,” Sango said, starting to cry again.

“Yeah, I’m kinda glad too,” she said, putting a sore arm around Sango’s shoulders and laughing softly. But the laugh turned into a yawn, and she realized just how tired she was.

“You know what, Sango? I think we should leave and let Kagome rest a bit.”

Sango looked at her, “Yeah, you’re right. We’ll see you soon, Kagome. I promise.” She leaned down and gave Kagome another hug.

“Bye, and thanks for staying here with me.” They both hugged her this time.

“No problem. Just don’t scare us like that again,” Miroku said. She nodded, even though it wasn’t like she had done it on purpose. After a few more minutes of saying goodbye and promising to have their movie night once she was out of the hospital – neither of them wanted to leave her just yet – they walked out and shut the door to her room. Finally, she was alone.

She thought back to what had happened last night and shuddered, thinking of how much worse it could have been for her. Then she thought of Kouga and started blushing. They hardly knew each other, but she kinda liked him. He was polite and attractive, plus he was the type that she was sure would treat a girl right. Exactly what she needed right now. She hadn’t had a boyfriend for a while, so she was definitly looking.

She thought back to what Ayame had said though. There was another murder. Another one. This thing was on a rampage. She wondered if it would ever get stopped. Was it a serial killer? No, it was a monster. An actual, real, live monster. She was sure of it. Maybe she could help somehow. She had helped the police before. She vaguely wondered how come she had never met Kouga or Ayame before, but brushed the thought off. Maybe they had just transferred or something. Plus, it had been a while since she had helped the police with anything.

Her powers had gone on a little vacation it seemed. So, maybe it would be a little harder to help than she thought. Just as she thought this, her eyes clouded, becoming completely white though she saw nothing through them. Instead, she heard.

X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X

A woman was crying. The room around her was echoing and sounded wet – water was dripping. It just sounded so cold in there, the way the air moved and the woman breathed. So so cold. Somebody help. Please. Somebody. Anybody. The woman stopped crying quite as hard; now she was just sniffling. Heavy footsteps. Someone had walked in the door.

“Get up. He wants to see you now.” A harsh, deep male voice said.

“I WON’T DO IT!!!!” the woman screamed. How did she have enough strength? She seemed so weak.

A loud crack resonated throughout the small cell. The man had hit her.

“Witch! The master has commanded you to do as he says! Obey or you shall face the beast that you created!”

“You people forced me to make it! I had no choice,” she said, voice breaking.

X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X

Her eyes cleared as she looked around here, fully expecting to see the small cell. Instead she saw the hospital room. She picked up the phone on the table next to her and dialed a number she had long ago memorized.

“Hello…Yes, it’s Kagome…Yes, I’ve had a…vision… I don’t know, but I’d like to try…Well, you see, I’m in the hospital right now...Yes sir, understood.” She hung up the telephone and called in the nurse.

“I think I’m going to need to get out of here a little sooner than tomorrow.”