What is all this stuff?

• What is all this stuff?

Ok, I know most of it should be self explanatory, or that I'm probably missing something important posted elsewhere on the site here, but I have to ask.

Now, there is a little blue rectangle on the top of every post on this site, right? There are a few things about it that I can guess the function of, but others I can only stare and look confused at.

Ok, first of all, those little dots/blips/things in the bottom right corner of this box. Some people have a lot, some have only a few, and I happen to have a little red one that says "Jay has had a little shameless behaviour in the past." What does that do? Is it just like a karma system? And how do you increase or decrease, by others voting on it (if it is, everyone please vote me bad karma, I want to see how far down my little red meter can go)?

Also, right above the little colored dots are points. How do those work? One day I'll have 100ish, next day I'll have 78, and so on...

I'm pretty sure the blue stars under my name have to do with post count. How many posts do I need to get another blue star? Lol that sounds so f*cking childish. ^^

I know my questions are probably retarded-sounding to some of you who have been on the internet longer than I have, but bear with me and resist the urge to flame please? :D I just want a cool looking red bar of bad karma and another blue star.

PS. Oh, if you have too many red dots do you get banned or something, or is it just a measure of popularity without consequences?
    • Re: What is all this stuff?

1) Reputation - If people agree with you, they positive rep you. (green). If they disagree, they negative rep you. (red). You can see your history if you go to User CP. And btw, grey just means that the person repping you had less than 10 posts. Or they had a negative reputation.

teenhut.net/help-suggestions/2334-reputation-faq.html

There's a thread about it.

2) The points - you get them for posting, and people viewing threads of yours, and etc. You can lose them for inactivity. The only thing you can do with them atm is VIP. or you can donate them to other people, or bank them too.

3) The stars - yeah it's post count. And I'm not sure how many until you get another. I don't even have any right now and I don't know why. 'Cause of VIP I guess...

You can't get banned from having red blobs, but if you deserve them you probably could, because you'd have done a lot of bad stuff. I don't think you do so I +repped you. :) And you got two green blobs. Whoa. Haha.

If you want to know more about some of this, you can read the FAQ/Rules.

Oh, and this should he in the Help and Suggestions section, but you didn't know so it's okay. A mod will probably move it.
      :o

There is a set of scales at the top right of every post too. Next to a red sign. The red sign is to report abuse etc, and the scales are to rep someone for their post. Green = I approve, or red = I disapprove.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1][SIGPIC]http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=banksy10243ee2.jpg[/SIGPIC][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [SIZE=2]It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.[/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

MyNameIsJay wrote:

Thank you very much, you explained everything! And I guess it isn't so bad to have green dots. I will build up a row of green dots then ^_^.

Now one more question, how do I +rep you, lol. You've been helpful!

Wait nvm lol, just remembered to check out that thread, +rep for you! ^^

Haha. It's no problem. :)
      :o