ever feel last in line? help me...

• ever feel last in line? help me...

my mom decided to adopt two little boys with down syndrome ages 3 and 5 and they are cute and all but they take up all her time. Now whenever i come home from school, she's all stressed out and just screams at me. I know she doesn't like me in the first place because im the "love child" but to always say how terrable a sister i am to them because of how much i ask of her is pushing it a little. She always comes to me when she is mad and goes to them when she is happy. I get everything shoved on me and she doesn't understand that she is not the only problem i have to deal with. Does she think i have it easy or something because she needs to hop on the bus and spend a day in my school. There is so much i have tried to tell her about the abusive relationship i had with my dad and so many other things i try to bring her back but all she daes is scream at me about how i am trying to make her feel bad, how i make her drink and hit me. She sometimes is such a loser and im afraid i will grow up to be like her! what do i do? I don't know who to turn to, i only have one good friend and she has a perfect family, she wouldn't understand and i don't want to scare her away.
      [SIZE=4].<elise>.[/SIZE]
    • Re: ever feel last in line? help me...

Hey,
      It must be hard living like that. I've never really felt like that, but it's no doubt very stressing. You should try and talk to your "perfect" friend. Does she think your family is perfect? If so, her's might just be as bad, so you should talk to her/him about it.

And, if you want to talk to someone you don't know yet, it's sometimes easier, because they don't judge you, and they really feel your pain, like your real friend. So if you want to talk, pm me...ok?

Hope this helps,
      Jay

i think u should talk to ur friend. or maybe luna is right, writing a letter to ur mother, will be a good idea, because she doesnt give u the chance to talk to her. i dont understant why would a person adopt other kids to help them, if she doesnt have a good relationship with her own kids. furthermore i think that ur friend, if he is a really true friend, will uderstant u and try to help u or at least make u forget.. if u cant talk to him, try to find other ppl to talk to, otherwise the problem will be worse for u.. u cant get through this all alone! and remember, lots of people have problems in their families, u cant be sure that ur friends family is "perfect"... maybe u just dont know.. anyway, u should find sb to talk.. that would be good for u. [i think there are also websites online where u can find ppl who actually know what u should do, to help u, getting advice from someone who does know, will definitelly help u]

and of course if u want to talk, i m here too. all people have problems, and they are relieved if they can talk about them.. :)
      [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]butterfly_sophie :eek: :rolleyes:[/COLOR]

How old are you? Sometimes the best suggestion is to just get out. A few years ago a friend of mine was having problems like this (i was 17, she was 16 at the time). It took her a long time to say anything to anyone, then one day she just broke down with me and let it all fly. I helped her go to her place and pack up one day and she stayed at my place for a few days, and then started staying with her aunt and uncle.

it's weird, most people will agree that runnign away from a problem isn't the best solution, but in cases lik these (especcially if their is physical abuse) i think getting out is the best option.

Good Luck, take care,
      M

i agree with entame
      if your situation with your mother is causing you any kind of physical harm it may be a good idea to stay with a close relative for a while

something similar happened a few years ago to me
      after my sisters moved out of the house and into school it was just my mother and i in the house because my parents are divorced
      well my mom started having some drug problems
      and so i stayed with my aunt for a while so my mom could get some help
      my mom is healthy now but i live with my dad because we still dont get along really well

sometimes, though it may be difficult, you have to make decisions like that
      you just have to look out for your best interests

if you want someone to talk to you, you can PM me for my aim or yahoo screenames
      i'm always here to lend a listening ear

sometimes the biggest changes happen when we stand up to the things that make us crazy. My dad and i have had a hard time in the last couple of years since i moved away from my abusive mother and her abusive boyfriend. I know what you are going through but the only way to get past this so you can be happy is to face it without any distractons........if you are to leave from her home though do not leave your feelings unspoken it will tear you down in the future and you wil not be able to control it.....you need to be able to express yourself or you will always hurt inside.....i would also listen to the others and talk to your friend maybe stay with her and her family until things cool down after you speak with her....writting is also a very exillent technique to get your feelings out as well....that is what saved my life

There have already been some good suggestions presented to you. Try and speak to your mother alone, at some time when she doesn't appear stressed or write her a letter as someone suggested.

But, as another person said. If worse comes to worse and if it continues then you should speak to a close family member, aunts, uncles or something of the like. Sometimes it -is- better to get away, instead of lingering around while the problem remains.

That must be very difficult for you. Like someone mentioned, you can speak with a family member and perhaps they could speak with your mother about this situation. You can always go to the school counsellor and see what he/she suggests as well. I wish you all the best

that's a toughie... don't look at this situation as a burden, rather than that, look at it as a chance to become stronger. these are the kinds of stuff that make adults strong enough to face their problems. hold on. the best way to let your mom know how you feel is to talk to her, but if you don't find a way to directly talk to her then write to her like what they said.

prepare for the worst and hope for the best. stay brave. good luck

even if you decide not to give your mother the letter you wrote you will find that you feel so much better once you have written everything down
      its a good way to get feelings out
      i do that alot when i get really sad or angry
      i just write letters to people
      but i dont actually give them to them ever
      its just a way to get out all of the stuff you've been bottling up

I have a similar sort of life. My brother has ADHD and is very demanding of my parent's attention. He has been in and out of psychiatric units for about 6 years now, but after he tried to take his life my mum decided to bring him back home. Now life for me is just like walking on egg-shells. I have to be careful with what I say and do, and i can't even hold a proper conversation with my mum anymore because he is constantly asking her things and taking her away.

Another thing happened when I was a child. My mum was 18 and married a man who became abusive to her in a bad way, he used to beat her and rape her daily. Thats how I came about =[ (knowing that's how I was made really hurts btw...) And now I have serious hate towards myself because I'm scared that when she looks at me she sees 'Him' looking back at her.

All of this stress over the years had given me crippling depression, somedays I can't leave the house and I, like my brother, have been inside a psychiatric unit. Luckily my depression is a bit better than it was but it is still very much there.

What I suggest you do is try talking to someone at school (as that helped me) most schools have like a 'mentor' or someone like that. Tell them about everything which is worrying you and they can offer help and advice. What's more, its completely confidential unless you confide something which suggests you could be at risk (from yourself or someone else).

Also...try opening up to your mum about how you feel, It really will help and I know its hard. But just try, she needs to see how everything is affecting you.

xxx