i have been having sever mood swings
      and i was wondering
      first off how to get diagnosed with it
      and if there is any meds you take that help
      or are you just diagnosed and theres no treatment
      cause i really hope there is something that will help me
      im going insane
      i feel like ripping my hair out
      and im blowing up on people one min. and then completely loving towards them the next
      and im afraid im going to either scare or hurt my friends and my boyfriend

help me please

and also i cut myself 3 times about a week ago
      and twice i have tried to drowned myself in the tub :/
      but its when im in one of my moods
      i dont want to hurt myself
      or others...
      [SIZE=1]molly <3

[/SIZE]
    • Re: bipolar disorder

When I was younger, I, too, suffered from violent mood swings and insane losses of temper. Most of it was just growing up. I think that the pressure on teens to fit in is more intense than adults realize, especially with the generation gap(s). Though my anger was uncontrollable, it all boiled down to unforgiveness and bitterness. I was lashing out at abusers in my life and was allowing anger to remain on a slow boil within me, ready to blast off at the slightest provocation. Mainly, however, I felt alone, unloved and abandoned, even when loved ones surrounded me. Depression plagued me for years, as well. Though I never cut myself, I did attempt suicide a time or two and thought of it far more times than I dare count. I will say that the days are brighter as you continue on. Even on my bleakest days, the sun always rose again and the light always removed the darkness. Ultimately, my salvation was found in Jesus Christ and in the forgiveness of myself and others for all the pain inflicted upon my heart and soul. There is hope and it lies elsewhere than medications. It is a lasting healing and deliverance that never fades and it has no negative side effects. Who could ask for more?

I have manic depression and bipolar disorder.

To get diagnosed:
      Visit a psychiatrist or psychologist and get evaluated.

Treatment:
      There are over the counter medications for depression like Zoloft and such. '
      Though who knows if it would be good for you. I can't be on meds because if so side effects are becoming suicidal.

And if it is treatable:
      Depends on what kind you have. If you have a chemical imbalance in the brain like I do, it will never go away. But if you are only going through certain phases, then they will go away with a little treatment.

although i didnt harm my self i had the same mood swings and the feeling of insanity for the last 2 years, i kept getting vivid images in my head of me getting hurt, scared me sh**less, i couldnt go on trains or cross roads, i ended up locking myself in my room and hinding under the cover cos i 'saw' myself going to the kitchen breaking glass and walking over it barefooted.

although i never want to hurt anyone around me, i tend to burst and knock tables over and scream, throwing stuff around. my college sugested seeing the campus counciller but she made me feel like i really was insane which made things worse.

i meet my boyfriend a year ago and he has really helped me, just by being there to hug me and love me. except i can feel that im falling back to how i was and no matter how i try to get help my GP just told me that its all normal and if i think its bad i should go counciling.

medication isnt an answer not long term. Im 19 and havent had a period for 3 years, my GP gave me the combined pill to regulate some bleeding but even those small little white pill i take every night has effects on my moods.

I took a week off of college even though my exams have started because i couldnt stop crying, and even today when my lessons been canceled and i got shopping to do i havent left my bedroom other then to go to the toilet.

i guess im droning on but basically my point is dont trust the doctors blindly, sometimes the reasons of our violent mood swings is something we r just avoiding to deal with. personally my something was the mysterious death of my uncle (although he was more of a dad) and the fact im frightened to loose anyone i have a realationship with, easy enough for me to say now but it took me 8 years to understand just a little of whats going on in my head.

Go see a therapist. Tell the doctor about everything, and ask her about Bipolar disorder. Get medicated if need be, and accept your illness. Here are some symptoms of mania, you sound as if you have depression, and not so much mania.

Feeling unusually “high” and optimistic OR extremely irritable
      Unrealistic, grandiose beliefs about one’s abilities or powers
      Sleeping very little, but feeling extremely energetic
      Talking so rapidly that others can’t keep up
      Racing thoughts; jumping quickly from one idea to the next
      Highly distractible, unable to concentrate
      Impaired judgment and impulsiveness
      Acting recklessly without thinking about the consequences
      Delusions and hallucinations (in severe cases)

Hope this helps.