i need some help

• i need some help

Before I tell you my problem I think you should know a little more about me.
      I am 14 almost 15 and I live in Canada. I live in a close Jewish community where everyone knows everything.

Ok my situation is kind of weird. I like weapons.im not insane or anything. I don’t fantasize about killing things or would ever consider actually killing someone. But my parents don’t think so ish.i like to collect things like lighters, knifes, and stuff like that.i also know allot about weapons. I love watching the military channel and I also take many martial arts. Now I am not violent at all, but ppl think I am because they see what I like and they automatically make conclusions. My dad is like that. He has a bad temper and whenever I say something about any type of weapon he goes and rants saying things like "be quit kimveer gill" and thinks that I’m going to be a murderer. But I’m actually a very nice and kind person.i like weapons because I like machines and things with power.

How can I get the ppl around me especially my parents to understand that I am not a crazy psycho that is obsessed with guns and stuff?
    • Re: i need some help

That's a hard question, i guess you can't really prove anything to them unless you give up your obsession with dangerous things - which you shouldn't have to do unless they're causing a real problem.
      I guess the only thing you can do is try and keep it on the down low and not talk about it all so much. That's more likely to make you out to be a bit weird if you talk about it all the time.

Yeah I think you need to sit down and talk to your parents. Tell them exactly what you just told us!

tell them they need to learn to trust you. Its not dangerous, its just a fascination that many teens have. I used to be obsessed with fire and my new nickname became Pyro (as in pyromaniac, addicted to fire) but i grew out of that stage.

You may grow out of ur obsession, you may not, but as long as u NEVER use the weapons in a violent way then no one should really have anything to worry about!

Well, the best way is to just explain your side of the story regardless of your parents objections. Just tell your side. Defend it. Explain it. And after that, if your parents and the others around you still think the same, then leave them be. What is important is that you know the things they say about it is not true. Your parents would learn to accept your hobbies/interest in the future, maybe not now, but they will someday. Don't be negative with what they think of you and with yourself too.

Although, be sure that your interest in things such as weapons will only remain an interest. Don't use them. (>.<")
      [SIZE=2]^^WoDomiGee^^:eek:[/SIZE]