Gay and going into the big wide world

• Gay and going into the big wide world

Hey all,

I'm an 18 year old gay guy and i'm off to university next year. I'm still a virgin but i have had non-penetrative sexual experiences, and i'm worried that as i grow up i'm going to go into a world where i'm expected to be promiscuous and have sex with a different person every week.. and that's just not me.

My gay friend who is slightly older than me and is already at Uni thinks that by my age most gay guys have had at least 10 sexual partners and that i have some catching up to do...

But this whole promiscuous, lots of sexual partners, one night stand kind of thing really isn't what i want. I don't want to go out having sex with people who may turn out to be pricks, just for the thrill of it.

Am i really going into a world where commitment and relationship mean nothing? :(
    • Re: Gay and going into the big wide world

Marzipani wrote:

Hey all,

I'm an 18 year old gay guy and i'm off to university next year. I'm still a virgin but i have had non-penetrative sexual experiences, and i'm worried that as i grow up i'm going to go into a world where i'm expected to be promiscuous and have sex with a different person every week.. and that's just not me.

My gay friend who is slightly older than me and is already at Uni thinks that by my age most gay guys have had at least 10 sexual partners and that i have some catching up to do...

But this whole promiscuous, lots of sexual partners, one night stand kind of thing really isn't what i want. I don't want to go out having sex with people who may turn out to be pricks, just for the thrill of it.

Am i really going into a world where commitment and relationship mean nothing? :(

thats alot of sexual partners for that age im bisexual and i think you need relationships not just sex.that kind of thing isnt right when you have sex with someone you should love them not just do it for the sake of it