Getting High Off Nutmeg

• Getting High Off Nutmeg

Ok, so, I've read online that it is possible to get high from eating like 2-5 tablespoons of nutmeg. I have read all about it, and the "dangers" and all that information involved in taking it.

My friends and I were wondering if you had to use fresh nutmeg or if you could just use the pre-ground stuff, like from the supermarket shelf?

Does anybody know the answer?!

Cheers
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Australian | 20 | University Student | Epic
      [LEFT]
      (818): dude you made out with his girlfriend and stole his credit card to buy more drinks.
      (626):
      well when you put it like that, I sound like a terrible person.

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Getting High Off Nutmeg

So I found my answer.

Just incase you want to know, you need to use fresh nutmeg and ground it up yourself.
      And the recommended amount to get high from it is 2-3 tablespoons for the first time, and then up to 5 tablespoons.

It takes anywhere between 2 and 7 hours for the effects to take full hold. You eat it, like you swallow it straight down.

DO NOT use it if you are taking any MAO's (anti-depressant type drugs), it can/will kill you.
      MAO stands for MonoAmine Oxidase, an enzyme that breaks down certain amines and renders them ineffective. MAO inhibitors, then, are substances that interfere with the action of monoamine oxidase, leaving the amines intact. If the amines in question are dangerous, they can cause nasty, sometimes deadly, side effects. Furthermore, it is dangerous to combine MAO inhibitors. If you are taking a prescription drug that is an MAO inhibitor, like prozac or most anti-depressants, avoid using any substance listed as an MAO inhibitor here.

The bottom line is this: when using an MAO inhibiting drug, don't ingest anything that contains potentially dangerous amines, or any other MAO inhibitor. If a substance is listed as an MAO inhibitor here, it may be dangerous when used in combination with any of the following substances:

sedatives
      tranquilizers
      antihistamines
      narcotics
      alcohol
      amphetamines (even diet pills)
      mescaline
      asarone
      nutmeg
      macromerine

ephedrine
      dill oil
      parsley oil
      wild fennel oil
      cocoa
      coffee (or any substance that contains large amounts of caffeine)
      aged cheeses
      any tyrosine-containing food
      any other MAO inhibitor

The chemical in nutmeg that gets you high is called myristicin.

Have fun getting a legal high! And play safe.
      [LEFT]
      (818): dude you made out with his girlfriend and stole his credit card to buy more drinks.
      (626):

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

clambottomjewels wrote:

Is it that hard to come into contact with some booze, pot or even cough syrup?

Ha ha. Yeah I can get pot and alcohol, but my friends and I are always in search of something new to get us high... without killing us!
      [LEFT]
      (626):

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

This is from Cracked.com.

But you should probably still take it seriously.

"
      Nutmeg, that piquant brown spice you sprinkle on egg nog, is chock full o' the organic compound myristicin. Eating four to eight teaspoons of ground nutmeg causes mild hallucinations, warmth in the limbs ...
      The Downside
      ... dizziness, nausea, cottonmouth, paranoia, difficulty urinating and, the coup de grace, a hangover that feels like God taking a dump on your soul.
      Some users compare the nutmeg "high" to a hellish case of the flu. To make things worse, nutmeg consumption is easily the most inconvenient way to get high--its effects kick in five to six hours after ingestion. That's like having to drink a six-pack at lunch in anticipation of happy hour.
      Fun Fact
      For those of you who who want to push your luck with nutmeg, don't worry. The FDA reportedly has no plans to raid your spice rack. Probably because they're assuming nobody is dumb enough to give it a go. Once you've crossed a certain threshold of stupidity where do you stop? You're going to have to start cracking down on spinning around in circles really fast and smelling your own burrito farts."

God taking a dump on my soul, doesn't sound like a fun after effect.
      [CENTER][LEFT][SIZE=2]"Anyone unable to understand how a useful religion can be founded in lies will not understand this book either.[/SIZE][SIZE=2] So be it."
      -Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle.
      [/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]