Problems with Parents that are Split...

• Problems with Parents that are Split...

I won't deny it, I love that my parents are separated, they alwys used to fight and argue and it was for the better. My mum has now happily remarried and I live with her, but still see my Dad whenever he isn't working.

The problem is with my dad he has a bad past with girlfriends since splitting with mum. One of them tried to force us out of Dad's life and only care for her and her little monster, it only took her calling me a bitch at my 13th birthday party for Dad to realise she needed to go.

The next one made the previous look like an angel... She wanted a perfect little family, just Dad her, her 5 kids and me and my sister. No mum or our stepdad. She was rude and swore all the time which influenced my sisters language majorly but the worst part was she was coniving. She tried to get us to lie to our mother, I didn't fall for it , but my sister did, so she spent time with them and Dad while I stayed home. Then she worked on my sister lying to me and I went psycho. Somehow luckily they broke up and all was fine gradually.

That was over 2 years ago, In the present time she is back again, and Dad is not paying any attention to us, he is always on his phone to her messaging her etc. He limits it around me but he is always talking to my sister about how she is going, but my sister isn't on his side anymore. In fact my sister is completely against my dad and refuses to go over or talk to him, she has been to a psych and everything! This is my last year of high school and I don't want my Dad to miss it because of her, I care for my Dad so much and want him to be happy, but at the same time I want him to be with someone that can cope being around me and my sister and not try to separate us from our mother.

I am really concerned that I am going to lose him, but I don't know what to do, we have talked to him but nothing has happened. Should I actually accept her again or fight harder, she damaged the bond I have wiht my sister and it is still not back to what it was before, over 2 years ago I was on the verge of clinical depression because of her and I am scared this will happen again.

Does anyone know what I am going through? And I apologise for rambling, being new and all.:(
    • Re: Problems with Parents that are Split...

ok, i dont know what to say but it must have been kind of weird situation that u are through.. i think u should firstly talk to ur sis so as to repair ur relationship.. its bad not to have a good relationship and seems normal to me that she chose not to talk to ur dad :(
      secondly, go find ur dad and tell him that u feel that hes leaving u aout and that u are not a part of his life anymore
      its good that u care that much about him
      so tell him that u dont want ur relationsip to be damaged as it happened with ur sis.
      and tell him that u want him to be there for u cause hes ur dad
      i think he will understand after all its ur dad
      and he cares about u and loves u i think

so good luck n hope things get better for u
      and welcome to the forum btw
      [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]butterfly_sophie :eek: :rolleyes:[/COLOR]

Yes i have split parents also. my father died. stupid Katrina. and my Step Father used to abuse me and say he would kill me if i told anyone. ha ha] so when my mom found a knife scar on my arm i told her and she called the officals bye bye. most of the time, my mum's new BF just want to (Beep) her. and abuse me but yea some of us do know

My parents divorced rather brutally, but it was nowhere near as tough as what you're going through. Talk to your dad; tell him how you feel and how badly you want him to be there. Your sister, meanwhile, is being a royal brat (although you figured that out all ready). He can visit one of ya'll without the other, I don't think theres an issue there.
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol: