Concerns about my god son.

• Concerns about my god son.

My god son is nearly 6 years old, he talks to himself (not imaginary friend type talking either) also he doesnt wipe himself after going toilet, and then insists he doesn't need to. What really disturbs me about him is that his dad ( my friend ) asked me if i'd seen a knife (he was installing something and needed to cut a cable) andrew stopped talking to himself, looked at us and said "oh no a knife dont cut me" thats not a normal thing for a 6 yr old to say, his parents would never threaten to cut him and treat him very well. I'm concerned he may have psychological problems but his parents seem to think he's just being a twat, how can i convince them that kids dont normally do this type of thing? I don't want to get social services involved as they won't understand that the parents wouldnt do such a thing, and will then take andrew away from them and that's not what i want. this kid is very abnormal.
    • Re: Concerns about my god son.

are u sure that there are no things about this family u dont know??
      this boy seriously has a problem, it s not normal..
      he must have been abused by someone. it could not be his parents, but his babysitter, or sthlike that.. maybe u should just visit a psychologist [without the boy] and talk to him and ask for advice, he ll no better what u can do, and what problem he has. the parents are denying there is a problem? then there must be sth else going on
      thats not normal as well..
      dont know, think about it...
      [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]butterfly_sophie :eek: :rolleyes:[/COLOR]

The wiping thing is not really your responsibility, IMO. Maybe his parents should implement some sort of rewards and punishment thing to help him break the habit of not wiping after he uses the bathroom. I dunno...just a suggestion.

But, there is a good possibility that the child might have seen something violent on T.V. (with a knife), and it might have scared him. Stuff like that can make a great impression on kids. His problem might not be from physical abuse from the parents.

Not Wiping himself is just a bad habbit that he finds not needed. Talking to him self can be a problem though... Maybe he feels loney, and talks to himself. Also the knive ordeal is probally something he heard else where.. Just keep a close eye on him and make sure it doesnt get out of hand. Make sure he isnt being picked on.

[COLOR="Lime"]Fact:[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]Vampires Have all the fun![/COLOR]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"]Fact:[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"] Vampires are dangerious sports players[/COLOR]
      :eek: :eek: :eek: <-----I like that icon...it reminds me of when i read weird sexual stories... and my friends.

they're not denying its not normal, they just dont think it's reason for concern, and i know for a fact they wouldnt harm him no matter how aggitating he is, nobody could possibly abuse him cos im the babysitter, also he's never allowed on any tv channel but stuff that shows shit like tellytubbies so i dont know where he would get the knife idea from.

Starfire wrote:

they're not denying its not normal, they just dont think it's reason for concern, and i know for a fact they wouldnt harm him no matter how aggitating he is, nobody could possibly abuse him cos im the babysitter, also he's never allowed on any tv channel but stuff that shows shit like tellytubbies so i dont know where he would get the knife idea from.

so maybe visiting a psychologist to ask for his opinion would be the right thing to do, cause i dont thik that any opinion u will get from a forum will be totally right :rolleyes: dunno.. maybe u should just sb who knows better
      [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]butterfly_sophie :eek: :rolleyes:[/COLOR]

Starfire wrote:

He may of heard an incident on the news, or overheard something at school perhaps?

Meh...
      Kids are unpredictable.
      With the knife thing, he was probably trying to be funny.

Talking to himself though..
      It is almost time..So it's not really that strange..

The only thing strange is him not keeping clean.
      But he's young, plenty of people do things like that around his age.
      But still...Tell him to stay clean..