[QnA] How do I approach her?

• [QnA] How do I approach her?

Hi, guys. My apologies for not introducing myself; however, I'm in a bit of a pickle. Have you ever felt yourself liking someone, namely a girl, that no one thinks is drop-dead-gorgeous besides you? There's this girl that I really like. I'm sure you're bored to tears now, listening to the cliche cesspit that they call "teenage hormones." In my mind, she's absolutely ravishing, and I'm not sure how to tell her. I'm sure it's tiresome answering this over and over again, but I'm not sure how to approach her. How do I do it?

I am currently a Freshman in high school, and my school day is divided into 7 periods, only one of which she shares with me. Unfortunately, it so happens to be the very last period (an elective, which means it's shorter than my regular classes). I'm so obsessed with her, I can't stand to be away from her. When I fall asleep, I can't dream of anything else (really). She's all I can think about.

I had my first opportunity at our school's first home football game, but I was really intimidated by her friends, which seemed to follow her everywhere. I don't think I would have managed to talk to her alone, considering the crowd. It wasn't the best time, but now I've become paranoid. I'm afraid I'll miss my chance.

My hormones must've just really jump-started, because I've never liked someone to the point of butterflies in the stomach. The thing is, she's not the best-looking girl. Why, then, am I so obsessed with her?

Hormones are a mysterious thing.

Thanks.
      - Brandon
    • Re: [QnA] How do I approach her?

Aepos wrote:

Hi, guys. My apologies for not introducing myself; however, I'm in a bit of a pickle. Have you ever felt yourself liking someone, namely a girl, that no one thinks is drop-dead-gorgeous besides you? There's this girl that I really like. I'm sure you're bored to tears now, listening to the cliche cesspit that they call "teenage hormones." In my mind, she's absolutely ravishing, and I'm not sure how to tell her. I'm sure it's tiresome answering this over and over again, but I'm not sure how to approach her. How do I do it?

I am currently a Freshman in high school, and my school day is divided into 7 periods, only one of which she shares with me. Unfortunately, it so happens to be the very last period (an elective, which means it's shorter than my regular classes). I'm so obsessed with her, I can't stand to be away from her. When I fall asleep, I can't dream of anything else (really). She's all I can think about.

I had my first opportunity at our school's first home football game, but I was really intimidated by her friends, which seemed to follow her everywhere. I don't think I would have managed to talk to her alone, considering the crowd. It wasn't the best time, but now I've become paranoid. I'm afraid I'll miss my chance.

My hormones must've just really jump-started, because I've never liked someone to the point of butterflies in the stomach. The thing is, she's not the best-looking girl. Why, then, am I so obsessed with her?

Hormones are a mysterious thing.

Thanks.
      - Brandon

it doesnt really matter why you like her. you like her and thats what matters. you see something in her that you like, nothing wrong with that.
      try talking to her in class or after school. if you get stuck on what to talk about just talk about the class or the teacher or an assignment. its an easy ice breaker and also something you have in common with her. just be friendly and be yourself.
      good luck :)
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

I suggest that you just talk to her, build up your friendship, give it a few weeks. Then once you get to know the person she is, tell her how you feel.

I had a similar situation like this and i did what i wrote, and it turned out that she liked me too. This was 3 months ago, mind you and we're still liking each other more every day !
      ~ Andy
      :lol:

first of all, screw everyone else if no one thinks she's as gorgeous as you know she is. that doesn't matter.
      second of all, find out if she likes you. if she doesn't like you, make sure she doesn't hate you. once that's all cleared up, just try to talk to her and get to know her. hint about the situation every once in a while, and if it all works out well, i'll leave it to you from there. ;)

Who cares if she's not drop dead gorgeous? All that matters is what you think. You see something in her, that no one else see's and that alone is kinda special, don't you think?

Ways to approach her? Hmm.. i'd just strike up random conversation with her, just be yourself, don't be fake, otherwise you'll be buggered. Be you from the very beginning. Build up some confidence with eachother, then tell her how you feel, perhaps?

Don't question why you're so obsessed with her. Just enjoy it?

Good luck!

SimpleGirl*

It is rather a misfortune, that people cannot control who they have feelings for. If you see something in this less than gorgeous girl, you need to go for it! You shouldn't have to explain your feelings for this girl to anyone but her. Who cares If she isn't a beauty queen? Humans are truly beautiful on the inside, not the out. the gorgeous view you have of her, could be because you see her soul. :wink:

As one of the not so gorgeous girls of the world, I personally would love for a cute boy to say hi to me. If your feeling gutsy, you could just walk up to her and compliment her. Not so brave? Try going up to her and just say, "We haven't really talked much. I just wanted to say Hi". Or if your feeling like a scaredy cat, use an excuse to talk to her. I don't know what your elective with your dream girl is, but if it is something like art or computers, why not ask her to explain how she created something? A simple can you help with with this, or may I borrow a pencil will do.

Obsession is a curious thing. Just go with it. Hopefully once you start talking to this girl, she'll be just as obsessed with you.
      [SIZE=1][SIZE=2]xheart.[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE]fifteen. female. bi. single. does that answer you questions? i'm looking for new interesting friends. go ahead, pm. i'm not like anyone you've met. [/SIZE][SIZE=1]talk to me. i don't bite, unless your into that sorta thing.[/SIZE][SIZE=2] .fixitx[/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [RIGHT][CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [/RIGHT]