||Not Yours||

• ||Not Yours||

Hello all. This is my second[?] Fiction story, and my favourite. It is the story of Cade, who is madly in love with her best friend. But there's a twist in the story. He loves somebody else. So much, he would do anything for her.....

She was his world.

Yes, she was beautiful- She had a certain charm in her. She was fair, with streaked hair that she usually tied up. She was friendly with both sexes.

He was in love with her; just as much as I was in love with him.

He used to tell me how much he loved her, I longed to tell him how I felt- but nothing would change even if I did.

I knew he liked her too much to love anybody else. So I would listen to him, feigning a smile, although inside I felt like crying.

I always dreamt of our wedding day - arm in arm with him and walking down that aisle.

Later on we would have a child and I would look at him and smile. He would bend down and kiss me and look at our baby. I would be the happiest person in the world - marrying the man of my dreams. Then I would wake up and realize that he wanted her.

I also learned that she didn't love him. That broke his heart. If she would have liked him back, well I would say that I was happy because once he was happy, I would be as well. But that wouldn't be true. I wouldn't be happy with anyone else.

All day long I would wait for him to call me, sitting by the phone and sending him one hundred and one emails; he didn't reply to even one. Then I would stay up all night crying over him. I would go out my way to meet him everyday.

He would sit by the window and watch the rain trickle down the window pain while sipping a cup of hot chocolate, and sketch pictures of her in a white wedding gown. Then he would write her name next to his in a heart.

He told me, 'She's wonderful Cade! You should meet her.'
      Then I would smile and reply, 'Yes Joel, I'll meet her someday I think. I'm sure I'll like her.'

Then I remember all the good times we had together.We would sit on a rock by the sea, with an iPod in our hands and listen to our favourite song over and over again. By sundown we would go to a music store or a coffee shop and sip coffee while you would tell me what you did with your friends. I enjoyed those few moments with you. Now you rarely talk about anything other than her.

I thought you would have guessed that I loved you. You really broke my heart, Joel. Yes, sometimes I did think of killing myself, holding a gun to my head and pulling the trigger. But I didn't do that.That wasn't the right thing to do, I knew it.