Selling Your Soul

• Re: Selling Your Soul

nobody. wrote:

its hard to explain a soul because im not pretty sure it exists at all, then again how can a human be, unless youve seen it?
      and yeah im sorry, if you dont believe in souls its better not to argue because we cant know whos right, and its better to be at peace w/ each other =)

I never said that I don't believe in souls. I asked what you thought they are and how would you be able to sell them. The selling thing make no sense to me because a soul is a part of you. I don't believe in "the devil" or "hell" though.

nobody. wrote:

i was trying to get an answer, that if you are going to hell for suiciding (if that happens) then it would be the same as selling your soul.

Why does it matter? Your religion says you're going to hell by doing either, right?

nobody. wrote:

i guess you can function, since the soul supposedly works when you die or you are it?
      lol i confused myself.

You die when your body can't function properly anymore. I don't think your body could function properly without its soul.

nobody. wrote:

whats dharmic??

Abrahamic faiths are the religions from the Middle East. They're Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Dharmic faiths are the "religions" from India. They're Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. I put quotes around "religions" because they're really not in the Abrahamic sense. Those three "-isms" are just words Westerners came up with to label us. We can believe whatever we want and we're not required to pray or even believe in God. We can recognize other religions while still being a Hindu. For an example, a Hindu can believe in the Bible or and still be a Hindu. That's not possible the other way around. Our faiths are inclusive and unlike Christians, Catholics, Muslims and Jews, we don't believe other people are going to "hell" or suffering if they don't believe what exactly what we believe. We believe others take different paths to reach their destination and thus we all have different faiths. There are no "conversions" to Hinduism and the others. Technically you already are a Hindu, etc. Do you get it? I don't know how to explain it properly.

Sikhism is another Dharmic religion, but it is more of a religion. There are conversions and God is established, but other faiths are regarded as different paths to the same God.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Esmo wrote:

Actually the Bible doesn't preach an immortal soul.

And I suppose if that's how we're defining a soul, then theoretically no, I wouldn't sell my soul, assuming I take the definition to be true, which I don't.

k

punk13 wrote:

every1 has a price any1 who said they wouldnt sell there soul is Full of bull for the right price ppl will sell/do anything

+1 :p well to some point lol

Jaysal wrote:

I never said that I don't believe in souls. I asked what you thought they are and how would you be able to sell them. The selling thing make no sense to me because a soul is a part of you. I don't believe in "the devil" or "hell" though.

Why does it matter? Your religion says you're going to hell by doing either, right? /well yeah, thats why i asked :D

You die when your body can't function properly anymore. I don't think your body could function properly without its soul. /idk i guess, what about animals?

Abrahamic faiths are the religions from the Middle East. They're Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Dharmic faiths are the "religions" from India. They're Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. I put quotes around "religions" because they're really not in the Abrahamic sense. Those three "-isms" are just words Westerners came up with to label us. We can believe whatever we want and we're not required to pray or even believe in God. We can recognize other religions while still being a Hindu. For an example, a Hindu can believe in the Bible or and still be a Hindu. That's not possible the other way around. Our faiths are inclusive and unlike Christians, Catholics, Muslims and Jews, we don't believe other people are going to "hell" or suffering if they don't believe what exactly what we believe. We believe others take different paths to reach their destination and thus we all have different faiths. There are no "conversions" to Hinduism and the others. Technically you already are a Hindu, etc. Do you get it? I don't know how to explain it properly.

Sikhism is another Dharmic religion, but it is more of a religion. There are conversions and God is established, but other faiths are regarded as different paths to the same God.

oh,ok, good to know about other religions :)

xoxo.allie wrote:

There was a story about someone selling their soul over the internet. [ebay]

lol, yeah like that guy who sold his life :p

of course i read it xD
      you wrote it for me
      so felt i felt like i should :)
      [SIZE=2]'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'[/SIZE]