Help with six-pack

• Re: Help with six-pack

Me at the moment, if I start an exercise routine... say running 5k three times a week and also swimming 1.5k three times a week, would you say I'd gain results?

Usually when I exercise more, I eat more. Sometimes when I'm exercising for a day, i'll hop into the fridge every second i'm not exercising so i'm thinking that this could be stopping progress? Should I not eat extra when i'm hungry (from exercising)?

Also i'm noticing from the swimming i've been doing, my shoulders and back are getting bigger but the rest of my body (primarly legs) are not. Also when you do running, doesn't this make your legs skinnier still? Don't wanna get an unbalanced body y'know.
      I support mvp23_08 and all his antics. This man is so fly he makes anyone look good.

punk4trev wrote:

You can't spot train..meaning you can't only do ab workouts if you want a six pack. Nutrition is a big part in trying to get a six pack. if your nutrition is bad..then you won't really be able to get that six pack you want. train your whole body..circuit training & weight training is the best along w/ good nutrition.

If you're skinny you can. You can work your abs just like you do any other muscle, for example the biceps. If you exercise them solely they will get bigger. Same rule applies for this. Problem is - a lot of the time there's a layer of fat on top.

I think you're getting confused with burning fat from specific locations. This is not possible.

So, if you've got too much fat, then yes do what punk4trev says. If you've got a low body fat, you can simply work the muscles.

Pressure wrote:

Also i'm noticing from the swimming i've been doing, my shoulders and back are getting bigger but the rest of my body (primarly legs) are not. Also when you do running, doesn't this make your legs skinnier still? Don't wanna get an unbalanced body y'know.

Cycling will help you increase your leg muscles. You don't even have to do this every day. I go for a ride once a week for an hour or maybe a little longer and my legs are in good shape.

I think that I'll pose for a picture and upload it to the thread - I've been working on a 6 pack for a while and I am in excellent shape, but still no 6 pack if you get what I mean.