How do you build will power?

• How do you build will power?

I really need to lose weight as i feel i have gotten out of control with my weight and i am not happy at my current weight.

I know what i have to do i just don't seem to have a strong will power at the moment which is really annoying as i used to have a strong one.
      How can i stop myself from eating food like chocolate even if i really really want it?

And also anyone have any other good ways of getting rid of body fat?
    • Re: How do you build will power?

Many people find it helpful to let others know about their intentions, that way you have many eyes and will-powers watching out for you. Will-power doesn't come overnight, and a lot of it is just reminding yourself why you want to cut back on that food. When you go to reach for a chocolate, and you remember that you're trying ot cut back, simply put it down. It can be hard to remember, and sometimes you'll most likely think "I'll just eat this one!" It's something that needs to be worked on continually, and it eventually comes easier with time and practice.

If that's you in your avatar then I don't see how you can call that "out of control". You look slim to me and I'm sure everyone would agree.
      Anyway, If you want to stop eating chocolate then here's a tip - don't buy it in the first place! Or, just buy a very small bar of it so you have no chance to eat more of it. Regular exercise is the only thing I can say that burns body fat, because it's true. 1 hour everyday is recommended for teenagers as the minimum (well, in NZ anyway) whether it's just walking, playing sport, running, cycling etc...as long as your active! You could also do yoga or pilates which my mum told me is good for toning your body.
      [SIZE=3]"If you visit the killing floor of a slaughter house, it will brand your soul for life." :( [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]- Howard Lyman.[/SIZE]

xRC wrote:

I really need to lose weight as i feel i have gotten out of control with my weight and i am not happy at my current weight.

I know what i have to do i just don't seem to have a strong will power at the moment which is really annoying as i used to have a strong one.
      How can i stop myself from eating food like chocolate even if i really really want it?

And also anyone have any other good ways of getting rid of body fat?

Last Christmas an older family member had fatty liver so she had to shed the pounds. That meant no fatty food like steaks, could eat veal, eat carbohs like plenty of bread and pasta. Had to really monitor her sugar intake and things like that. Since then she's lost 95 pounds, feels great, looks great. She's 53. (I think). So if she can do it, then so can you. Deal? :)

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.