HALP pleaz ipipipipipip

• HALP pleaz ipipipipipip

i need your wisdom to do something i have a lot of trouble doing :s

hmm, i need some kind of instructions on how to change ip adresses in a wireless connected laptop....

i searched everywhere, but the instructions i found were really confusing and innacurate, so im trusting this subforum knows about this.

please? :confused:

thx in advance
      [SIZE=2]'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'[/SIZE]
    • DamnImGood wrote:

Yeah a little more explanation would be helpful, but if I am understanding you correctly you want to change the IP of your laptop?

The easiest way (assuming you are using XP) is to go to:

(Do these commands without the quotation marks)
      Start > Run type in "cmd" press Enter
      Then type "ipconfig release", press Enter
      Next type "ipconfig renew", press Enter

Your laptop will then send out a request to get another IP. If you're connected through a router, which you probably are, then you'll most likely get the same IP address, unless you go into the router and reset the tables but I am sure that is beyond your knowledge.

i already tried that :/ it says that im still connected to something although im not. i searched and said i should disconnect from the modem, but i guessed that would be for a normal cpu.
      yeah i should try to 'reset the tables' but yeah, i dont know how to do that :(
      and i also read somewhere that to get another ip you 'disconnect' from 'something' for 24 hours?

thx

Mattster wrote:

Change the IP for what? Your IP on your laptop? Or the IP that you connect to the internet with because you can only change one; unless your ISP provides dynamic IPs.

You'll have to provide us with more information with what you want I think =/

i dont know which one should i change :P
      [SIZE=2]'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'[/SIZE]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Matt: Merged Double Post ().

• Re: HALP pleaz ipipipipipip

haha, im not trying to hide
      some network applications require especific ip adresses or ip ranges, and mine doesnt work :s

Mattster wrote:

Why do I think you're talking about this?

yes! can you explain how you did that please? like step by step :)

DamnImGood wrote:

Provide an example or two of these applications.

ok, im trying to somehow do something, but its not for something evil i swear :p really

Vista Laptops... Um, well you should have it the way I got there (Which should be the same for you because I'm on Vista) is...

Well, there's a better way.. Wow..

Start > (Type in the search bar at the bottom) Network > (Click) Network and Sharing Center

Once on there, In the first table where it mentions "Access" and "Connection" is a link called "View Status". Click that.

Then click "Properties", Then when another window pops up select "Internet Protocol Version 6" then click properties. Bingo, you're there.

ooh ok, thank you, i finally go there :)