School or no school?

• Re: School or no school?

Honors courses or not? With or without any credit given to honors courses? My dear fellow, you would do well not to compare your academics with mine, you will loose.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]

I took Honors last year. It was a good course, I enjoyed it. However, I decided to relax a bit from the chaos of honors life and settle into an easier course. It gives me more time to invest in my main interest: politics and strategy. Not simply military strategy, but its application to economics and politics. Its an incredible thing to study, I recomend it to anyone with ample free time.

And by the way, you did not answer my question. Is that because you know the point you presented earlier was ridiculous? I'll repeat it, in case English is not your primary language and you may have missed translation.

If I am illiterate, than how are we haveing this conversation?
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol:

Education is crucial. Countrys with higher literacy rates are generally more powerful for a reason. The exception would have to be thoose country's who have built their foundation on sweatshop labor....

I was making light of the fact that you did not write countries but countrys, and then instead of countries again, you said contry's. It my attempt to make sure that this insult was not too subtle, I made an exageration. However, it now appears that it is still to subtle.

In responce to your classes, I have taken the following, making no less than an A in all:
      Advanced Placement Calsulus=97(without additional credit points)
      Advanced Placement Physics=94(without additional credit points)
      Advanced Placement Computer Science=94(without additional credit)
      Honors American Literature=93(without additional credit)
      Honors United States History=94(without additional credit)
      Honors Organic Chemistry and Honors Biochemisty=95, 96(without additional credit)
      Advaced Placement Chemistry=98(without additional credit)

These are final grades, at the end of the year. All during the same year. And yet still I am quite able to consider economics, politics and military.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]

Intelligence is what should make up modern civilization, alas it seems to many have lost it. But very true, intelligence is supremely important.

Grammar is the way in which sentences are created. It has nothing to do with paragraph organization. I may be sloppy at times, but I make sense.
      The same, sadly, cannot be said for you.
      Now, if you would be willing, the focus of this discussion must be shifted back to schools.
      You can continue loosing this joust via personal messeges, it would be less embarrassing.

Are you talking about Bill Gates and the lot? A handful of men out of millions. That is not justification enough to abandon school. Where would we train our engineers? Our architects? Our scientists? Our statesmen? The world you see around you has been made possible only by education. Remove education, and our civilization will crumble.

Mathematics and Science are of great importance. One cannot navigate the modern world without knowledge of calculus and science. Many of the fields now important base themselves on knowledge of math and science. These fields are, in my opinion, the most important. It was the revolution of mathematics and science that lauched the Industrial Revolution and the technological growth of the 20th century, they must be taught in order to progress to continue.

Indeed.

Perhaps, through education, people will eventually realise the importance of pursuing knowledge for personal betterment and the betterment of humanity instead of simply trying to extort wealth for a living.