farm products :l

• Re: farm products :l

xRC wrote:

I decided not to watch that as i have seen many videos like such before and i just end up crying. I am glad i became vegetarian 5 years ago as my health improved immensly and i lost weight. Some animals do get badly treated in farms but as other people have said not all animals get treated like this so i don't think people should be swayed by videos like this if they don't truely believe they will be able to go without meat.
      I became one because meat actually disgusted me and i couldn't eat it as i hated it so much.

I am curious in what ways have you become healthier? I also agree if a persons decisions can be swayed by a simple movie they need to learn more about propaganda. Or come talk to me ive got some great land in Florida for them to buy.

ryno wrote:

Why aren't humans more important that animals?
      How does one measure importance? We do rely on animals to live. There is a larger connection then what most people realize.

ryno wrote:

So what if a chicken can't turn around, its good anyways. By that time its more or less brain dead and has lost its instincts. Humans suffering do just that, suffer. A human can server multiple purposes and better mankind. A chicken is a chicken.
      How animals are treated can and is normally reflected in the quality of product harvested. Example when we keep chickens confined in close areas it increases the likelihood of a diseases so the animals must receive antibiotics to help prevent them. The antibiotics are then found in the cuts of meat that we consume. Another example is Cattle feed lots and how the diet (high amounts of dent corn) if feed for long periods of time actually kill the cows but they are slaughtered a little before that point.

to make it clear I am not a vegetarian far from it. However most of my meat is taken from what myself or friends hunt or alot of my ground beef is taken from my uncles farm and his cows are pasture raised and hay fed in winter.

Aannddyy wrote:

Because when we think of ourselves before all other animals then it has a much bigger effect... You want proof? Look at Earth.

By the way, according to ryno, it is a question about intelligence.

Well in a way intelligence does matter, in that if an other species were smarter than us, they would be in our place; beyond that intelligence plays no role on the value of life.

"it has a much bigger effect... You want proof? Look at Earth." You can't be much more unspecific than that..
      Explain this "bigger effect," you haven't said what, if any, effect there would be; and be specific, saying "Earth" is too broad.

Animals all affiliate and stay most loyal to their own kind, humans should do the same. Why should I care more about some animal more than a human being?
      People should come first, I think human life should be a higher priority to humans than animal life.

doolie wrote:

"it has a much bigger effect... You want proof? Look at Earth." You can't be much more unspecific than that..
      Explain this "bigger effect," you haven't said what, if any, effect there would be; and be specific, saying "Earth" is too broad.

For example, we have erected massive cities that are home to millions of humans, this is not only destroying the environment but the animal's habitats that were previously there have been destroyed.

If a different species were to create a colony somewhere in the world, it wouldn't have the same 'footprint' as a human colony.

doolie wrote:

Animals all affiliate and stay most loyal to their own kind, humans should do the same. Why should I care more about some animal more than a human being?
      People should come first, I think human life should be a higher priority to humans than animal life.

As you said, humans are the most intelligent species on the face of the Earth (am I wrong?). We can help other species. Humanity needs to think or the world and it's surroundings. Take every single emotion and feeling you have out of this, if you're an alien and you discovered Earth and you see a mass civilisation of humans, what would your thoughts be? Flying down on your spaceship looking at the smokey cars, seeing the massive factories letting off Co2 into the atmosphere, etc. Would you think they're the most important race on the face of the Earth?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy wrote:

if you're an alien and you discovered Earth and you see a mass civilisation of humans, what would your thoughts be? Flying down on your spaceship looking at the smokey cars, seeing the massive factories letting off Co2 into the atmosphere, etc. Would you think they're the most important race on the face of the Earth?

Define "important." Just because we aren't that nice to our environment doesn't mean that animals should take a higher priority; like you said, we have a different "foot print." The definition of important is needed here; as an alien I would recognize that humans are (and we clearly are) the highest ranking species on Earth. In terms of collecting knowledge humans would be more important than animals, but like I said, you need to define importance. Simply because we make a different effect on the environment than animals doesn't alter importance.

Beyond all that though, I'm not an alien, I'm a human, and as a human I believe human life is more important than the life of other species; I'm just looking out for number one.

doolie wrote:

Beyond all that though, I'm not an alien, I'm a human, and as a human I believe human life is more important than the life of other species; I'm just looking out for number one.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, if humans were to leave the planet tomorrow, everything on Earth would thrive. The effect we're having on the planet is too big to co-exist with the environment/species. I'm not thinking from a human's point of view because to think from a human's point of view would be biased.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy wrote:

Basically what I'm trying to say is, if humans were to leave the planet tomorrow, everything on Earth would thrive. The effect we're having on the planet is too big to co-exist with the environment/species. I'm not thinking from a human's point of view because to think from a human's point of view would be biased.
      Sure it would be fine but we are here. We are also given the ability to be more advanced then other species and can prey on them.
      This topic has bade it to more of a debate about pollution and global warming. Should start a different thread and keep going on that.

Dime_A_Whiskey wrote:

I am curious in what ways have you become healthier? I also agree if a persons decisions can be swayed by a simple movie they need to learn more about propaganda. Or come talk to me

Well because i am not eating prosessed meat anymore it has increased my health as i am not eating the crap that is put into things like sausages and prosessed chicken. I am eating more vegetables and fruit which has increased my health for obvious reasons and i eat meat equivalents like Quorn which have high amounts of protein and is naturally low in fat.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]

xRC wrote:

Well because i am not eating prosessed meat anymore it has increased my health as i am not eating the crap that is put into things like sausages and prosessed chicken. I am eating more vegetables and fruit which has increased my health for obvious reasons and i eat meat equivalents like Quorn which have high amounts of protein and is naturally low in fat.

At least you are smart and understand that you do need to find alternate sources for what meat was giving you. I hear of so many people who don't begin consuming what they need. How about omega 3 do you use flaxseed this is commonly missed by everybody.

I am a very proud Veggie, I became a veggie for environmental reasons, because of the carbon emissions used to transport the meat etc. Becoming a veggie for me was great fun! It has opened my eyes to different foods and I feel that I try more new things from it. For me being a veggie has been nothing but a great experience.