Mac Vs Windows FACEOFF!!

• Re: Mac Vs Windows FACEOFF!!

Windows will win the poll (which has been done before). Simply because there are far more windows users around. Windows dominated the market for so long. It's really only in the last 5 years that Mac has become popular again and wider used.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Australian | 20 | University Student | Epic
      [LEFT]
      (818): dude you made out with his girlfriend and stole his credit card to buy more drinks.
      (626):
      well when you put it like that, I sound like a terrible person.

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

Ugh. This debate it STUPID because there are fanboys on either side who can't provide a solid argument to save their lives.
      I prefer Mac because I use the Mac on a daily basis for audio/video production work and Mac OS X has audio and video API's rooted inside of the operating system, which makes for fast, stable A/V applications, a must when you're doing serious production work.
      but that's not to say that Windows can't accomplish the same thing, just its a bit more difficult.

In terms of stability? Mac tends to win, but it's all dependent upon your computer. I've seen Macs crash dozens of times. It's a flaw in all computers.

Ease of use? that's subjective. For brand new computer users, the Mac has a slight advantage. But if someone has used Windows before, the Mac is extremely difficult to grasp.

Security? Mac--for now. As more and more people buy Macs, more hackers and virus programmers will targer Macs. Macs are not immune to viruses. The only reason that people think that is because there are too few Macs to be economically viable to attack.

Price? Windows wins. Hands down.

Applications? Outside of the scientific/video/audio productions space, Windows wins, easily.

Another reason that I prefer mac to windows is because I prefer the simplicity and logicality of a UNIX based file system, rather than the somewhat convoluted MS-DOS file system.

It really comes down to your preferences and your needs. Vista started out somewhat disappointingly, but Microsoft has done a pretty good job patching it up. And Windows 7 will likely offer a far more pleasing Windows experience comparable to Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6, identical to Leopard, but engineered for speed, stability, and efficiency).

That was long. I'm sorry. I have a lot of pent-up anger over this stupid and pointless debate. haha.

dh226 wrote:

Ugh. This debate it STUPID because there are fanboys on either side who can't provide a solid argument to save their lives.
      I prefer Mac because I use the Mac on a daily basis for audio/video production work and Mac OS X has audio and video API's rooted inside of the operating system, which makes for fast, stable A/V applications, a must when you're doing serious production work.
      but that's not to say that Windows can't accomplish the same thing, just its a bit more difficult.

In terms of stability? Mac tends to win, but it's all dependent upon your computer. I've seen Macs crash dozens of times. It's a flaw in all computers.

Ease of use? that's subjective. For brand new computer users, the Mac has a slight advantage. But if someone has used Windows before, the Mac is extremely difficult to grasp.

Security? Mac--for now. As more and more people buy Macs, more hackers and virus programmers will targer Macs. Macs are not immune to viruses. The only reason that people think that is because there are too few Macs to be economically viable to attack.

Price? Windows wins. Hands down.

Applications? Outside of the scientific/video/audio productions space, Windows wins, easily.

Another reason that I prefer mac to windows is because I prefer the simplicity and logicality of a UNIX based file system, rather than the somewhat convoluted MS-DOS file system.

It really comes down to your preferences and your needs. Vista started out somewhat disappointingly, but Microsoft has done a pretty good job patching it up. And Windows 7 will likely offer a far more pleasing Windows experience comparable to Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6, identical to Leopard, but engineered for speed, stability, and efficiency).

That was long. I'm sorry. I have a lot of pent-up anger over this stupid and pointless debate. haha.

Isn't Snow Leopard also supposed to have a lot more tools for development? Supposed to be pretty nice, just what I vaguely remember reading a while ago.

(Sorry for the offtopicness)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't even own a Mac, but I wish I did! I know it's way better, espically in terms of virus protection and the fact that it doesnt seem to crash as much as Windows.

Plus it looks generally much cleaner looking if you get me!
      [RIGHT][SIZE=1]praise my seriously awesome signature. :chairdance:[/SIZE]
      [/RIGHT]

Xeryaek wrote:

I've only used Macs in school and they froze every single use for pretty much the population of the users. Plus I have pretty much only used Windows. Windows, But putting the freezing part aside, I would choose Macs.

Have a similar issue at my school but they use G2 iMacs. Which are technologically ancient. And we have 2 eMacs which are just ugh, unbearable.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]