The healthiest diet around- Raw Meat

• The healthiest diet around- Raw Meat

So i've noticed that the brazilians that I train with are all crazy athletes. I asked how they were all so explosive, and they told me its because they added large quantities of raw meat to their diets. I've been on it for only a month now, but the difference is huge. Its awesome! And ive looked into it. Guys like Pele, Ronaldino, Nene, Anderson Silva, all just freakish athletes, swear by it. There are precautions you have to take, but if done right, it is the key to making an athlete's diet.
    • Re: The healthiest diet around- Raw Meat

I beg to differ. After taking 3 years of nutrition and sports medicine I could out-do a program from theirs in about 2 days time.

And remember, they are all elite athletes in the first place. Eating raw meat won't make you automatically run faster. They train 5+ hours every day.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=3]óÓÒò[/SIZE][SIZE=3] PROUD FURRY[/SIZE][SIZE=3] óÓÒò[/SIZE]

There are some quite obvious problems that'd be involved in this.

- Raw meat can give you food poisoning easily.
      - Red meat has high amounts of saturated fats.
      - Eating too much red meat has been linked to lots of health risks; cardiovascular diseases, high cholesterol and even cancer.

I was kind of intrigued by this, but raw meat? It sounds... plausible, but highly un-likely. I agree with Luke... Five or more hours of training each day and an adequate amount of protein totally equals muscles.
      [FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="pink"]
      [SIZE="3"]all me efforts to clean me leave me putrid and filthy;; & how can you look at me when i can't even stand myself [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

S1919 wrote:

There are some quite obvious problems that'd be involved in this.

- Raw meat can give you food poisoning easily.
      - Red meat has high amounts of saturated fats.
      - Eating too much red meat has been linked to lots of health risks; cardiovascular diseases, high cholesterol and even cancer.

Suicide Season wrote:

I beg to differ. After taking 3 years of nutrition and sports medicine I could out-do a program from theirs in about 2 days time.

And remember, they are all elite athletes in the first place. Eating raw meat won't make you automatically run faster. They train 5+ hours every day.

That^
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

I'm speaking from personal experience here. Don't knock it till you've tried it. I've noticed huge improvements since i started, broke past weight room plateaus, etc. It took some time to build up to it, did it slow, and there are a lot of things to watch out for, but it has huge upside.

Suicide Season wrote:

They train 5+ hrs/day... with other guys that train just as much. But the carnivores in the group all stand out as way more athletic. And now I'm catching up to that group.

And let me just point out, I only recommend this for serious athletes. Others won't get much out of it and the risks aren't worth it.

doolie wrote:

As long as the meat is very fresh then you're actually not likely at all to get sick, people get sick eating raw meat which has been sitting in a package for a longer period of time.
      Partially. I would say more has to do with how it is prepared as in the cutting. This includes the cleanliness of the facility in which it is prepared. The hide should be washed completly before being cut. All intestines should be attempted to be removed intact and the cavity washed out after removal. If some one was dead set on consuming raw meat I would look for Irradiated Meat as it helps decrease levels of bacteria and other things in the meat as long as it is handled safely. I personally avoided Raw meat il eat my steak on the rarer side.