!@#$%

• My "Best Friend" is making me choose between her and my boyfriend. I understand that she doesn't like him very much, but I don't think it's fair that I have to pick between them. I told her I didn't want to pick and she presumed I picked my boyfriend. She also thinks that he's taking me away from her, even though I see him once every 2 weeks.

What do I do?:mad:
    • if she is really your best friend she should understands that you already have a boyfriend, and should not ask you to choose between your boyfriend and her.. are you managing your time with your best friend and your boyfriend? probably she thinks that you want to spend more time with your boyfriend than her.. so talk to her and tell her its unfair for her to do that when she should be the one who should understands and who should support you..
      [SIZE=4]He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare,[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]And he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere. :hugs:[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • TisKatie wrote:

My "Best Friend" is making me choose between her and my boyfriend. I understand that she doesn't like him very much, but I don't think it's fair that I have to pick between them. I told her I didn't want to pick and she presumed I picked my boyfriend. She also thinks that he's taking me away from her, even though I see him once every 2 weeks.

lol WOW....
      Ok the first thing you have to ask is why she is doing it. Does she think he is doing something bad to you? Or is it just plain "pick between us"? If its the latter, then its just plain jealousy.....which I think is neither fair, nor mature.

I have a friend EXACTLY in your position. The funny thing is, is that the jealous one got a boyfriend, as soon as that happened, it was "ok" which is hypocritical in my opinion. A jealous friend is never a good friend. If jealousy is indeed the case, you should reconsider your friendship.
    • TisKatie wrote:

My "Best Friend" is making me choose between her and my boyfriend. I understand that she doesn't like him very much, but I don't think it's fair that I have to pick between them. I told her I didn't want to pick and she presumed I picked my boyfriend. She also thinks that he's taking me away from her, even though I see him once every 2 weeks.

Your friend needs to understand he's your boyfriend and tough shit your not leaving him. So she can either learn to deal with it or leave.
    • gigitty wrote:

Your friend needs to understand he's your boyfriend and tough shit your not leaving him. So she can either learn to deal with it or leave.

You can't advise that without understanding the situation X(
      For all we know her boyfriend is treating her like shit and her best friend is desperate and tries to help by making her choose. Although this is EXTREMELY unlikely (imo) but you can't rule that out completely
    • Sounds like she's pretty damn jealous to be honest. Tell her that you still value her just as highly as a best mate, but you'll not be drawn into picking between them, as it's silly and immature. If she takes offence to that, she's not worth it, sorry kiddo.

Jamie.
      Hey there, I'm Jamie !! Please leave me reputation =] Add me on MSN: [email protected].
    • Hey Katie,

You are right, it's not fair that your friend is making you choose between her and your boyfriend, but she may well feel a little jealous of you, or maybe she is worried and panicing that your friendship with her may change for the worst. Maybe she just needs some reassurence from you, to let her know that just because you have a guy in your life; doesn't change your friendship with her.

TisKatie wrote:

Well, for one thing, I wouldn't get angry. Sure, I understand that you are annoyed and frustrated at her for telling you to pick between her and your boyfriend, because lets face it, who wouldn't be a bit pissed with that kind of thing? I would be. But, at the end of the day look at it this way - your friend probably just cares a heap load about your friendship and maybe she is going the wrong way about it to salvage what is left. Maybe she feels threatened to your boyfriend? Maybe she doesn't like it that you have your boyfriend to run to, aswell as her? You know?

Theres so many reasons as to why she could be feeling like this, and putting this burden of a decision on you. So, if I were you, i'd talk to her. Rationally, calmly and as a friend - tell her how this is all making you feel, and in turn, let her speak how she is feeling with it all. Maybe, just by talking, you two can come up with a solution to the problem?

Good luck.

Support Leader,
      SimpleGirl*
    • Hey Katie,

As a matter-of-fact, I'm in the exact same situation, instead - I'm the best friend here. Don't let her jump into conclusions, you need to talk to her and let her know where you're coming from and be open to understand where she's coming from. Your story might be similar/different to hers, which is why if you talk it out, you can help each other solve this problem. Reassure her that you care about her, but it hurts when you're given an ultimatum: your best friend or your boyfriend. It's unfair of your friend to ask you that question, because it's really hard to choose. Just let her know that you haven't picked your boyfriend over her, but you do not want to make a choice. So, talk it out. Reassure her that she's your best friend and that says a lot. Let her know how you feel. Be open to know how she feels.

Hope it goes well!
      Support Leader,

armyforthebroken
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]