I want to have a baby!

• I want to have a baby!

I have wanted one for sometime, and the time for me to start trying is drawing near. I cannot wait until I get pregnant! It seems like it is so far away, but it won't be too much longer. I wouldn't want to have children with anyone other than the man I am currently with.

Does anyone here consider having a child with the person they are currently in a relationship with?
    • Re: I want to have a baby!

The way you're feeling about this is not uncommon. I don't know how old you are but I am going to make the assumption that you are either a teenager or young adult. Feeling the desire to have a baby is definitely common amongst many females in these particular age groups. It's nice to hear that you've found someone you want to have children with. Just, don't think too far in advance and put too much pressure on yourself. It's not fair to you and it's unhealthy. I was with a guy for two and a half years. I thought I loved him and could see myself marrying him. To make a long story short he ended up being a different person than I thought he was, so the relationship ended. All I'm saying is try to avoid planning too far ahead because usually, our plans don't work out the way we plan. We just have to adjust to anything that's thrown our way. Enjoy being young; there is plenty of time to have children. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck with everything.

Take care of yourself.

I am planning to have children with this person, because he is the person that I will end up having children with. Not planning, is planning to fail. I have wanted children for years, and now that I am committed to the person I want to have them with I am going to plan for them. It would be unfair to me, and my relationship for me to think that it is going to fail. It is completely healthy to focus on having children. I know I love this man, and we are going to be together for a very long time. We will end up having kids, it's just a matter of when.

Holders wrote:

I have wanted one for sometime, and the time for me to start trying is drawing near. I cannot wait until I get pregnant! It seems like it is so far away, but it won't be too much longer. I wouldn't want to have children with anyone other than the man I am currently with.

Does anyone here consider having a child with the person they are currently in a relationship with?

I did, but I had to step back and realize that babies, children cost alot of money. Hospital bills, Diapers, food, daycare It's very common that you wanted kids with the person you love but you have to really think everything that involves with a kid, Also Kids are very time consuming. Daycare. My Psychologist pays over she told me 15,000 a month for daycare or something like that. Daycare and Schooling are going to be the money suckers as well as everything else. I not trying to sound preachy lol It's just realistic.
      [CENTER]i55.tinypic.com/ftn68p.jpg
      [SIZE=4]LOVE, PINK[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

hearttbeats wrote:

I did, but I had to step back and realize that babies, children cost alot of money. Hospital bills, Diapers, food, daycare It's very common that you wanted kids with the person you love but you have to really think everything that involves with a kid, Also Kids are very time consuming. Daycare.

My Psychologist pays over she told me 15,000 a month for daycare or something like that. Daycare and Schooling are going to be the money suckers as well as everything else. I not trying to sound preachy lol It's just realistic.

I know how much it takes to raise a child, and what it takes. I am not doing this on a whim. Planning children is important part of having them.
      I am sorry, but if your psychologist said that she pays $15,000/month in childcare, she is a liar and I would find a new one. I am realisitic, and I know that I can do this.

Holders wrote:

I know how much it takes to raise a child, and what it takes. I am not doing this on a whim. Planning children is important part of having them.
      I am sorry, but if your psychologist said that she pays $15,000/month in childcare, she is a liar and I would find a new one. I am realisitic, and I know that I can do this.

Nah, the price really can get that high depending on what sort of childcare you're looking at. The psychologist probably has her kid at one of the 'better' daycare places.

There are certainly ways to make child care cheaper ... but remember that the older they get the more expensive it's gonna be. Right now you have the food, diapers, day care, clothes to worry about. When the child gets older you'll be paying for school, from kindergarten to high school and maybe college if you want to.

How old are you right now anyways? Because, realistically, not many teens can afford to take care of a child on their own unless if the dad (assuming he stuck around) is making enough money.
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]

captain_kurenai wrote:

Nah, the price really can get that high depending on what sort of childcare you're looking at. The psychologist probably has her kid at one of the 'better' daycare places.

There are certainly ways to make child care cheaper ... but remember that the older they get the more expensive it's gonna be. Right now you have the food, diapers, day care, clothes to worry about. When the child gets older you'll be paying for school, from kindergarten to high school and maybe college if you want to.

How old are you right now anyways? Because, realistically, not many teens can afford to take care of a child on their own unless if the dad (assuming he stuck around) is making enough money.

I don't plan to have my kids in childcare. I plan to take care of my own children, or hire a babysitter, and they will not get that expensive at all. As far as a daycare being $15k. I am not buying it.
      I know how much it takes to raise a child reasonably. My children will be put through school, but chances are they will be responsible for their own college education, just as I will be.
      I can more than afford a child, on my own, or with the father.

mekster wrote:

dont plan let things happen they will happen if you are ready.:)

I want my children to be planned not accidents. Not everyone who has a pregnancy "just happen" is ready.

If you are a teenager, which you should really be to be on this forum why are you so stuck on having children right now? It is healthy but you have to think you have years and years of fertility ahead of you, what makes you want to have the baby right now when your most vulnerable and still learning to properly take care of yourself..
      All that is still considering your really a teenager. can you please tell us your age so we can say your age is okay or not? :)
      [CENTER]
      :gay:[/CENTER]

mopsymog wrote:

If you are a teenager, which you should really be to be on this forum why are you so stuck on having children right now? It is healthy but you have to think you have years and years of fertility ahead of you, what makes you want to have the baby right now when your most vulnerable and still learning to properly take care of yourself..
      All that is still considering your really a teenager. can you please tell us your age so we can say your age is okay or not? :)

Why should I not be stuck on having children? I want one and I know I can care for one, and it is just the next step to take in my life. I have already learned how to properly take care of myself. I learned how to take care of my self completely well over 5 years ago. Whether or not I am a teenager plays no part. I am ready, that is all that matters.

Holders wrote:

I don't plan to have my kids in childcare. I plan to take care of my own children, or hire a babysitter, and they will not get that expensive at all. As far as a daycare being $15k. I am not buying it.
      I know how much it takes to raise a child reasonably. My children will be put through school, but chances are they will be responsible for their own college education, just as I will be.

I want my children to be planned not accidents. Not everyone who has a pregnancy "just happen" is ready.

It's not easy being a stay at home mother either, A child is not a doll that you can give it it's fake bottle and change it's clothes and bam it's going to be easy. i I also don't think it was very nice of you calling my Psychologist a liar but I clearly said or something like that at the end. :rolleyes: Also when your thinking about babysitters you have to make sure that you can trust them a 100%. There's this story about a women who had hired a babysitter and she trusted her and one day, the babysitter shook her son and he was in the hospital in and out having test done constantly.
      [/CENTER]

Holders wrote:

I take this as an indication that you're still in high school.

What's with some teens' fascination to grow up so quickly? You're still a child but you already want one of your own? You're so confident that you can pay for all the expenses ... have you seen the economy lately? Have you seen how hard it is just to get a job, or keep one for that matter? Have you seen how the prices of things have started to go up as well?

Here's a reality check, as a teenager with little to no college education ... you don't stand a chance. What more with a child added on?

Also, I'm gonna repeat this question, how old are you? :P The fact that you're avoiding it means that you're probably too young and you know that by saying it you'll just get more flack.
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]

hearttbeats wrote:

It's not easy being a stay at home mother either, A child is not a doll that you can give it it's fake bottle and change it's clothes and bam it's going to be easy. i I also don't think it was very nice of you calling my Psychologist a liar but I clearly said or something like that at the end. :rolleyes: Also when your thinking about babysitters you have to make sure that you can trust them a 100%. There's this story about a women who had hired a babysitter and she trusted her and one day, the babysitter shook her son and he was in the hospital in and out having test done constantly.

I am more than aware of this. I know what it takes to care for a child, as I have stated many times. I am not going to be picking a random person off the street for a babysitter. I already know who my babysitters will be and I trust them 100%. I am not some stupid kid who wants a baby just to have one with no idea what it takes.

captain_kurenai wrote:

What's with some teens' fascination to grow up so quickly?.

I think too many teens thinks that if a Celebrity teen can pregnant and make it so can i which is down right stupid!
      [/CENTER]

captain_kurenai wrote:

What's with some teens' fascination to grow up so quickly? You're still a child but you already want one of your own? You're so confident that you can pay for all the expenses ... have you seen the economy lately? Have you seen how hard it is just to get a job, or keep one for that matter? Have you seen how the prices of things have started to go up as well?

Here's a reality check, as a teenager with little to no college education ... you don't stand a chance. What more with a child added on?

Also, I'm gonna repeat this question, how old are you? :P The fact that you're avoiding it means that you're probably too young and you know that by saying it you'll just get more flack.

That in no way implies that I am still in high school.
      I am not a child, I am an adult, and I want a child. I have seen the economy, and I know that I can care for a child, even with the current economy. I already have a job, and I have kept it for a good period of time, and will not be losing it anytime soon. I am aware of rising prices, and I am more than confident that I can care for a child.
      I do stand a very good chance, because you have no idea what kind of education I have, or what I plan to have later on. I am confident and more than comfortable enough to have a child.
      Just because I missed the question about my age does not mean that I am too young at all. It just means that you would like to assume that I am too young. I am an adult.

Holders wrote:

I am more than aware of this. I know what it takes to care for a child, as I have stated many times. I am not going to be picking a random person off the street for a babysitter. I already know who my babysitters will be and I trust them 100%. I am not some stupid kid who wants a baby just to have one with no idea what it takes.

You really know what it takes to have a child, just wait til you have your own. It's totally different when you watched someone else's child verses having your own.
      [/CENTER]
    • hearttbeats wrote:

I think too many teens thinks that if a Celebrity teen can pregnant and make it so can i which is down right stupid!

Where did I say anything about thinking I can do it because of a celebrity teen? Assuming is down right stupid.

hearttbeats wrote:

You really know what it takes to have a child, just wait til you have your own. It's totally different when you watched someone else's child verses having your own.

I know what it takes to have a child, and this will just be proven further when I do have my own. I have watched other people's children, but that isn't the reason why I know what it takes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jasmine: merged double post ().

Holders wrote:

I know what it takes to have a child, and this will just be proven further when I do have my own. I have watched other people's children, but that isn't the reason why I know what it takes.

Just watching other peoples children doesnt mean your ready for your own. What will happen if you have a child and realise you cant cope? And how else could you know what it takes. If you have looked after other peoples children you can have some experience but it doesnt mean your ready cause being a parent is a 24/7 job...
      [CENTER]
      :gay:[/CENTER]