Abortion?

• Re: Abortion?

So many people saying it's wrong and whatnot.

What if you're only just 15 years old & have absolutley no money, a mom who isn't interested in helping & the dad's still at school? Would you still have a baby?

That was my situation & yes I had an abortion - It killed me completley & I think about it everyday but I'd rather that than have a baby that I can't feed.

Personally I think it depends on the situation.

If the baby was threatening the life of the mother, I'm pro-choice.

If the baby was concieved due to rape.. Basically, it goes back to the first situation "Is the mothers life in danger?". It would also depend on their age and emotional stability.

If the baby was concieved due to an accident with protection, or just complete lack of protection, I'm pro-life. People should understand that no matter what, if you have sex there's a chance you'll get pregnant.

Basically, I'm pro-life. If you don't want the child, put it up for adoption. Same for if you can't afford a child. Just don't end it's life before it can have one.

~Nihoru

*Edit*
    Leigh, I'm sorry you had to go through that situation. =( I'm sure it was hard for you.
    Need help or just want to talk? PM me. :)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    "It's easy to be nice to people you like. But being nice to people you hate, that's a skill. Do it."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dr. Wilson: Left out something.~ ().

Leigh, I'm sorry you had to go through that situation. =( I'm sure it was hard for you.

Yeah it was hard, and it makes it even harder seeing all the comments people have made here - no-one really understands until it happens to them.

I never would have been able to raise a child at 15 years old - I didn't work back then & my mum wasn't going to support me - which is what I needed.

Adoption isn't something I could have done, I know that once I'd have seen MY baby I would have never wanted to give it up - I would have done my best but it never would have been enough or what a baby really deserves.

That's why I want everyone to realise that although abortion might seem like a sick thing, & yeah it is "killing a baby" - sometimes it's better to let the baby go before it's in the world & isn't getting all the stuff it needs.

Doughnut wrote:

So many people saying it's wrong and whatnot.

What if you're only just 15 years old & have absolutley no money, a mom who isn't interested in helping & the dad's still at school? Would you still have a baby?

That was my situation & yes I had an abortion - It killed me completley & I think about it everyday but I'd rather that than have a baby that I can't feed.

If I got pregnant because I was willingly having sex at 15 I would have had the baby. I would have either found a way to keep it, or put it up for adoption. I would rather give my child up and know that it would have a chance at life, than to prevent it from living.
    I'd would have rather struggled through life with a child, than have the regret of not having it.
    Everyone is different though.
    I am pro-life, with variables. I think in the cases of rape, and in the cases of present harm that the mother should be allowed to abort the child. I also think that in cases of a birth defect the mother should have the right to choose. I would not want to bring a child with no quality of life into the world. If I found out that I was going to have a child with CP for example, I would have an abortion. I however would never abort a healthy child that I concieved by taking the chance of having sex. I would probably still have a child that was concieved by a rapist. It is still my child, I may hate the father, but that doesn't make the child any less mine, or any more deserving to have life taken from them before they are even born. If my child was threatening my health I would probably have to take a very careful look at the statistics, and the chances. I cannot say that I would abort if there was a chance of harm, with a healthy child. It would be worth the risk.

mnbvcxza wrote:

But then you say that the only reason to get an abortion is if you are raped. Then you say that no matter what.

I'm not quite sure I get your point. =P

I said if the mother's life is in danger, there's a reason to get an abortion.

I also said that no matter what, if you have sex there is a chance you will get pregnant.

Neither of those statements contradict eachother. =P If you feel they do, please try and explain it so we can try to clearify things. XD

~Nihoru
    Need help or just want to talk? PM me. :)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    "It's easy to be nice to people you like. But being nice to people you hate, that's a skill. Do it."

I don't think that it's very fair for people to try to claim to be pro-life and pro-choice. The end result is the same: an unwanted fetus. What should it matter how it was conceived, it could still ruin (or benefit) the woman's life just the same, so I don't see how the middle-ground makes a difference. Choosing to have sex doesn't make someone inherently more capable of raising a child, just as being raped inherently makes them unable.

Many women are willing to risk their life to attempt to carry their child full-term. Many women are not willing to give birth to a child that they do not desire. I don't really see how you can look two pregant women in the eye and say "your life means something to me, so you can abort. Your life is unworthy, so you must carry this child."

Arsonist wrote:

If I got pregnant because I was willingly having sex at 15 I would have had the baby. I would have either found a way to keep it, or put it up for adoption. I would rather give my child up and know that it would have a chance at life, than to prevent it from living.
    I'd would have rather struggled through life with a child, than have the regret of not having it.
    Everyone is different though.
    I am pro-life, with variables. I think in the cases of rape, and in the cases of present harm that the mother should be allowed to abort the child. I also think that in cases of a birth defect the mother should have the right to choose. I would not want to bring a child with no quality of life into the world. If I found out that I was going to have a child with CP for example, I would have an abortion. I however would never abort a healthy child that I concieved by taking the chance of having sex. I would probably still have a child that was concieved by a rapist. It is still my child, I may hate the father, but that doesn't make the child any less mine, or any more deserving to have life taken from them before they are even born. If my child was threatening my health I would probably have to take a very careful look at the statistics, and the chances. I cannot say that I would abort if there was a chance of harm, with a healthy child. It would be worth the risk.

You really annoy me.
    s h u t u p.
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

if i got pregnant i couldnt go through with an abortion, i physically couldnt. my mum knows that, i know she would support me. she knows if she didnt support me i would walk out. but i physically couldnt give it up at all
    [RIGHT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE=1]i'm scared of walking out of this room & never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when i'm with you [L][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=1]
    - dirty dancing
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/RIGHT]

Arsonist wrote:

This is a topic that I see come up many times.

Abortion - Termination of pregnancy and expulsion of an embryo or of a fetus.
    Pro-life - Advocating full legal protection of human embryos or fetuses, especially by opposing legalized abortion
    Pro-choice - Favoring or supporting the legal right of women and girls to choose whether or not to continue a pregnancy to term.

What is your current stand, and what is your reasoning?

I'm Pro-Choice, I think it should be up to the mother.

However, I don't think I could ever get an abortion.
    :o

Pro-choice.
    It should be the woman's choice because it's her body, her baby and if she doesn't want to have it, fine. I'd rather see her abort it than kill it herself either while she's pregnant because she's scared to have it or after she's had it and doesn't want it.

And I know there's adopton but some woman don't always think that far ahead or at all.

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]

Arsonist wrote:

This is a topic that I see come up many times.

Abortion - Termination of pregnancy and expulsion of an embryo or of a fetus.
    Pro-life - Advocating full legal protection of human embryos or fetuses, especially by opposing legalized abortion
    Pro-choice - Favoring or supporting the legal right of women and girls to choose whether or not to continue a pregnancy to term.

What is your current stand, and what is your reasoning?

abortion should NEVER be a type of birth control. use abstainance, or at least a condom/tma pill. its not fair to destroy a life because you were careless. if all else fails, there are agencies that will fund an adoption.

abortion should be allowed when it will save the mothers life.

abortion should (maybe) be allowed in cases of rape/incest. im not totally convinced on this one, because even if it wasnt a girls choice to get pregnant, noone has the right to look down on her and force her into this decision to 'preserve honor.' theres nothing honorable about killing a kid, and its not like she won't be able to love him/her.

thats my standing

Doughnut wrote:

At the end of the day, some people can say they couldn't have an abortion, I used to say that too but when you start to see your life falling apart because of that - you know you'll be on the streets with nothing but a baby - I'm sorry but you have an abortion.

I disagree with this. I couldn't abort a healthy child. No matter what my circumstances are. If I didn't have the means to raise him/her I would put them up for adoption, but I could never live with myself knowing that I had killed a healthy child. If the child was going to have a poor quality of life due to disease or some other birth defect I would abort, but only in those cases.