Abortion?

• Re: Abortion?

Goddess of Judecca wrote:

So?

That looks gross too, but it doesn't mean anything.

~Maggot

That's a cancerous liver. Not really related to abortions.

Unless you view unwanted pregnancy as a disease, just like cancer.
    [CENTER][CENTER]Taken: Shibuya, Toto-Super Space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "o-shaberi Benki-kun" - "Talkative convenience container"
    Only the Japanese would give a personality to a toilet.
    [/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Titus Pullo wrote:

That's a cancerous liver. Not really related to abortions.

Unless you view unwanted pregnancy as a disease, just like cancer.
    Congrats on completely missing my point - which was, in my opinion, rather obvious.

She posted pictures most people would find repulsive in order to play on our emotions (as many anti-abortionists do). My point in posting that picture of the liver - which is also rather repulsive - is that it's an argument holds no real factual or logical value, since how it looks to us isn't indicative of suffering or life or anything else.

~Maggot
    [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
    I deem the sense of misery worse:
    Come, Madness, come!
    [/size]

Goddess of Judecca wrote:

Congrats on completely missing my point - which was, in my opinion, rather obvious.

~Maggot

Thanks, it's a gift.

She posted pictures most people would find repulsive in order to play on our emotions (as many anti-abortionists do). My point in posting that picture of the liver - which is also rather repulsive - is that it's an argument holds no real factual or logical value, since how it looks to us isn't indicative of suffering or life or anything else.

Well, they're both pictures related in some way to death. I don't think it gets any more real than that.
    [CENTER][CENTER]Taken: Shibuya, Toto-Super Space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "o-shaberi Benki-kun" - "Talkative convenience container"
    Only the Japanese would give a personality to a toilet.
    [/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Titus Pullo wrote:

Thanks, it's a gift.
    I prefer flowers, personally.

Titus Pullo wrote:

Well, they're both pictures related in some way to death. I don't think it gets any more real than that.
    That's...completely irrelevant to my point, as well as hers.

~Maggot
    Come, Madness, come!
    [/size]

Pro-choice if :

- The mother’s health is in danger
    - Rape
    - She’s really young and she’s not physically, emotionally and/or psychologically ready to have a child or/and the boyfriend ran off.

It’s better for a child not to be born than being born and raised by a depressed/irresponsible parent who’s angry and/or sad because she was forced to raise it. I mean, if my mother (or father) told me that I was an unwanted child I’m pretty sure that I’d feel extremely guilty and bad for being a “mistake” or a burden in their eyes.

Then again, pro-lifers tend to say that you can give the child for adoption if you're not ready. After suffering 9 months and feeling the awful pain of birth-giving, just giving away what you suffered so much for – in this case, the baby – would be impossible for me.

Goddess of Judecca is right. Peoples please, stop posting pictures of aborted babies that’s disgusting and it won’t make many of us change our minds.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CrystalColoredRainbow ().

All you people talking and arguing about what's right or wrong.

Untill you all go through it you'll never know - there is no wrong or right, it just depends on your situation.

And those pictures, disgust me - you are one sick person. When abortion is an available option there is no baby - just a few cells. In this country they don't abort after more than 12 weeks, by which point the feotus is still not a human.
  • Doughnut wrote:

All you people talking and arguing about what's right or wrong.

Untill you all go through it you'll never know - there is no wrong or right, it just depends on your situation.

And those pictures, disgust me - you are one sick person. When abortion is an available option there is no baby - just a few cells. In this country they don't abort after more than 12 weeks, by which point the feotus is still not a human.

Those pictures are REAL. Are you trying to say that they're made up? No DOUGHNUT, we have thousands of partial birth abortions in this country, it's not a joke.

Your "Just a few cells" analogy takes away from the principle of the idea which leads to shit like that happening. What's the difference between a a few cells that will soon develop INTO that dead child and the dead child? The difference is...a few months.

The "just a few cells" shit is what has supported the idea of abortion and it's what has caused our vision of life to become so damn tainted.

“America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. It has sown violence and discord at the heart of the most intimate human relationships. It has aggravated the derogation of the father's role in an increasingly fatherless society. It has portrayed the greatest of gifts -- a child -- as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience. It has nominally accorded mothers unfettered dominion over the independent lives of their physically dependent sons and daughters. And, in granting this unconscionable power, it has exposed many women to unjust and selfish demands from their husbands or other sexual partners. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign."
    -Mother Theresa

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tsunkatse: merged double posts ().

Catholicpothead wrote:

Those pictures are REAL. Are you trying to say that they're made up? No DOUGHNUT, we have thousands of partial birth abortions in this country, it's not a joke.

Your "Just a few cells" analogy takes away from the principle of the idea which leads to shit like that happening. What's the difference between a a few cells that will soon develop INTO that dead child and the dead child? The difference is...a few months.

The "just a few cells" shit is what has supported the idea of abortion and it's what has caused our vision of life to become so damn tainted.

“America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. It has sown violence and discord at the heart of the most intimate human relationships. It has aggravated the derogation of the father's role in an increasingly fatherless society. It has portrayed the greatest of gifts -- a child -- as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience. It has nominally accorded mothers unfettered dominion over the independent lives of their physically dependent sons and daughters. And, in granting this unconscionable power, it has exposed many women to unjust and selfish demands from their husbands or other sexual partners. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign."
    -Mother Theresa

So you would not abort in any situation.

-Mother Theresa

So what you're saying is everyone that gets pregnant for whatever reason should have a baby?

How ridiculous.

Catholicpothead wrote:

I think you're absolutely absurd.
    First of all, it isn't your choice to make, it's the mother of the baby, in question.
    Secondly, you have no right to support the fact that if a female does get pregnant, she should definitely have the baby.

One of my close friends, was raped. It was very difficult for all of us in the group, to understand it and to consequently help her through it, but we managed it. And when she found out that she was pregnant, from that very rape, none of us questioned her decision to abort, because in our opinions, it was the right thing to do. We were all only 15 at the time, young and reckless, but still we had the sense to realise that it was the right thing to do. She couldn't support the baby, and obviously we would have helped in any way we could if she had had it, but we all were young too.

I think it's ridiculous the way you go on screaming about pro-life, when you have no experience, let alone no way to prove your point.

Frankly, I agreed with her decision and I stood by it, because I watched her through every step after that ordeal. The pain she went through, not to mention loss of dignity and no feeling of safety, is difficult to comprehend. But to stand there and judge and go on screaming that 'abortion is wrong' is just unjustified, because it isn't our choice, it isn't our decision. Until and unless we are in that position, we cannot make choices and decisions for others.

Therefore, I think you should stop trying to force your opinions on others. It's completely uncalled for. And you talk about this so called 'vision of life', but you should understand that maybe it's just your vision that's tainted, not everybody elses.

My friend has gone through so much, but we all know that we're all better people for being there for her, today. She's doing exceptionally well now, and of course, for a while, she was completely dead inside, but in the end, I think it all worked out for the better.

Don't judge and make decisions without the experience to back it up, man.
    [RIGHT]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/RIGHT]

Catholicpothead wrote:

Did anyone, including Doughut, argue that they weren't real?

Catholicpothead wrote:

Your "Just a few cells" analogy takes away from the principle of the idea which leads to shit like that happening.

Actually, the "just a few cells" is absolutely why abortion isn't immoral.

Catholicpothead wrote:

What's the difference between a a few cells that will soon develop INTO that dead child and the dead child? The difference is...a few months.

What's the difference between having sex with Doughnut now than having sex with her 60 years from now?

Catholicpothead wrote:

Right, after all, it's "just a few cells."

Catholicpothead wrote:

-Mother Theresa

Mother Teresa's argument.

On another side, you happen to have the word Catholic in your name, so I'll assume your Catholic.

Sometimes, it's baffling how certain religious nuts think the way they do. Let's take the example of the 9 yr-old Brazilian girl carrying twins due to rape, even the Vatican is jumping on the bandwagon to condemn the abortion.

Cardinal Giovanni Battista Re wrote: "It is a sad case but the real problem is that the twins conceived were two innocent persons, who had the right to live and could not be eliminated."

Okay sure, I can respect people having an opinion that unborn fetuses have a right to live. But what I can't understand is WHY they cannot see that if the girl does not get an abortion, she will most likely die, and so will the twins? So the Catholic Church would rather condemn 3 lives to death for the slim possibility that 1 or 2 may survive.

It's ironic how they will *not* excommunicate the rapist stepfather, but *will* excommunicate those who carried out the abortion. Good to see they got their priorities right... *cough*
    Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.
  • Neal wrote:

Did anyone, including Doughut, argue that they weren't real?

Actually, the "just a few cells" is absolutely why abortion isn't immoral.

What's the difference between having sex with Doughnut now than having sex with her 60 years from now?

Right, after all, it's "just a few cells."

Mother Teresa's argument.

On another side, you happen to have the word Catholic in your name, so I'll assume your Catholic.

Sometimes, it's baffling how certain religious nuts think the way they do. Let's take the example of the 9 yr-old Brazilian girl carrying twins due to rape, even the Vatican is jumping on the bandwagon to condemn the abortion.

Cardinal Giovanni Battista Re wrote: "It is a sad case but the real problem is that the twins conceived were two innocent persons, who had the right to live and could not be eliminated."

Okay sure, I can respect people having an opinion that unborn fetuses have a right to live. But what I can't understand is WHY they cannot see that if the girl does not get an abortion, she will most likely die, and so will the twins? So the Catholic Church would rather condemn 3 lives to death for the slim possibility that 1 or 2 may survive.

It's ironic how they will *not* excommunicate the rapist stepfather, but *will* excommunicate those who carried out the abortion. Good to see they got their priorities right... *cough*

A) She seemed to think that because they were gross, they didn't mean anything. I was reinforcing the point. I never said that she thought they weren't real.

B)The idea of me having sex with somebody is completely different from the human growth pattern, that's exactly like a pro-choice person to say something completely fucking ridiculous that distracts from the real issue. The time of which I would have sex with somebody is completely unrelated to the abortion of a pregnancy...what the fuck.

C)Right, we've established that it's just a few cells, no need to say it 15 times jackass. The point is, they're HUMAN cells and will VERY soon be developed into a living, breathing newborn baby.
    What's the difference between a baby 5 minutes before and after birth?

D) Religious nuts? Chill with the insults bro.

E) Once again, this is a specific case that I certainly don't have an opinion on. I personally could not tell a 9 year old girl that she could not have an abortion, so please don't put that on me. I don't have to agree with the Cardinal's decision, it wasn't infallible.

idontlikeyou wrote:

First of all, it isn't your choice to make, it's the mother of the baby, in question.
    Secondly, you have no right to support the fact that if a female does get pregnant, she should definitely have the baby.

One of my close friends, was raped. It was very difficult for all of us in the group, to understand it and to consequently help her through it, but we managed it. And when she found out that she was pregnant, from that very rape, none of us questioned her decision to abort, because in our opinions, it was the right thing to do. We were all only 15 at the time, young and reckless, but still we had the sense to realise that it was the right thing to do. She couldn't support the baby, and obviously we would have helped in any way we could if she had had it, but we all were young too.

I think it's ridiculous the way you go on screaming about pro-life, when you have no experience, let alone no way to prove your point.

Frankly, I agreed with her decision and I stood by it, because I watched her through every step after that ordeal. The pain she went through, not to mention loss of dignity and no feeling of safety, is difficult to comprehend. But to stand there and judge and go on screaming that 'abortion is wrong' is just unjustified, because it isn't our choice, it isn't our decision. Until and unless we are in that position, we cannot make choices and decisions for others.

Therefore, I think you should stop trying to force your opinions on others. It's completely uncalled for. And you talk about this so called 'vision of life', but you should understand that maybe it's just your vision that's tainted, not everybody elses.

My friend has gone through so much, but we all know that we're all better people for being there for her, today. She's doing exceptionally well now, and of course, for a while, she was completely dead inside, but in the end, I think it all worked out for the better.

Uhh you just pushed your ideologies on me, as you shouted about me pushing mine on you. Hypocrisy is ridiculous.

I'm sorry about what happened to your friend, but what makes her life more important than the unborn child's? Why does one person have to die when they can both live?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kevin: Merged double post ().

Okay, I bet my ovaries whatshisface is a troll. And I need those suckers later, so that means something.

Anyway, I have to point out how much I hate the whole Post Abortion Syndrome thing. That's just stupid. Yes, some women feel guilty, but that's only because they've grown up in a society that tells them they should, not because of something being mentally wrong with them. And it's unfortunate that women have to deal with that emotional burden because people are too close-minded to let them live their own lives and make their own choices.

~Maggot
    Come, Madness, come!
    [/size]

idontlikeyou wrote:

You're amazing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Leigh ().

Catholicpothead wrote:

B)The idea of me having sex with somebody is completely different from the human growth pattern, that's exactly like a pro-choice person to say something completely fucking ridiculous that distracts from the real issue. The time of which I would have sex with somebody is completely unrelated to the abortion of a pregnancy...what the fuck.

Things are what they are, not what they will be. Just as you know a hot girl isn't the same as an old woman, you very well know that a bunch of cells isn't the same as a living, breathing, baby.

Catholicpothead wrote:

C)Right, we've established that it's just a few cells, no need to say it 15 times

Right.

As to your name calling, I'm curious what your objective is.

Catholicpothead wrote:

The point is, they're HUMAN cells and will VERY soon be developed into a living, breathing newborn baby.

Right, you put time into it as a variable.

Then again, young girls will very well become old people.

Catholicpothead wrote:

What's the difference between a baby 5 minutes before and after birth?

Simple, no difference. The argument isn't about being aborted the day before born - it's about being aborted while still as a zygote. If you're changing the argument to that, I won't allow that.

Catholicpothead wrote:

D) Religious nuts? Chill with the insults bro.

Okay my mistake. Cardinal Giovanni Battista is not a religious nut.

Catholicpothead wrote:

E) Once again, this is a specific case that I certainly don't have an opinion on. I personally could not tell a 9 year old girl that she could not have an abortion, so please don't put that on me. I don't have to agree with the Cardinal's decision, it wasn't infallible.

Okay, that's fine, I am very glad you do not have to unconditionally side with all of the Vatican's view.
    Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.