Abortion?

• Re: Abortion?

Catholicpothead wrote:

I'm sorry about what happened to your friend, but what makes her life more important than the unborn child's? Why does one person have to die when they can both live?

But then again, what about the friend?! You say that aborting mothers are selfish, but isn't it also selfish in some way not to consider the mother's feelings? I mean seriously, the girl was freakin' 15 and she was raped, it's not like she was being irresponsible like sleeping with all the hot guys she saw without protection; she was forced to conceive a child, against her will, while still being a simple adolescent girl who didn't do anything wrong. There are women who abort and regret it just like there are women who don't and regret it too, their whole adolescence is taken away from them, just knowing that a part of the eventual rapist whom they hate with all their guts is growing inside them disgust them and once the child is born they develop a violent behaviour toward it or they become completely depressive. Forcing a woman to get through the pain of a pregnancy, especially if she’s a teenager and that she has to face all the pitiful & disrespecting looks and the eventual insults, against her will is just as inhuman, it's like reducing the mother to some kind of baby-making machine, not as a complete human. Pro-lifers go all “that lil embryo is innocent!”, but isn’t the mother an innocent too? Yes, she is, so why isn’t she even treated as such?

The post was edited 1 time, last by CrystalColoredRainbow ().

Pro-choice definately, have never been in the situation to have to make a decision and hope I never have to make that choice. My heart goes out to those who have because while some may be emotionally stable enough to handle it, others arent its different in every case. While I dont think I personally go through with an abortion I dont have a problem with those who do.
    The only time I get annoyed is when you hear about people who've had countless abortions and wish they'd jsut learn to use some bloody birth control. People are never going to agree on this topic though, its everyones individual choice to get one or not and thankfully (IMO) theres nothing that will change that.

Catholicpothead wrote:

Uhh you just pushed your ideologies on me, as you shouted about me pushing mine on you. Hypocrisy is ridiculous.

I'm sorry about what happened to your friend, but what makes her life more important than the unborn child's? Why does one person have to die when they can both live?

I'm not pushing anything on you, nimrod. Nor did I once say that you should totally listen to me. All I said was that no one has the right to make an assumption regarding abortion, because they've (especially YOU) have not been in the situation to earn the right to do so. That wasn't me forcing ideologies on you, merely stating a fact.

I never said that what happened to my friend makes her life more important than the unborn child's. But fuck man, what the hell is wrong with you? You're saying she should have gone about life and given birth to the baby of her rapist? You talk about morals and beliefs, but where is the morality in that? Giving birth to the essence of the one man who ruined your life? THAT'S the right thing to do? You talk about making both of them live, of her having the baby, do you even hear what you're saying here? She was 15, she was raped.
    SEE. Again, I kindly ask you to think twice and try to envision yourself in the experience, before stating your 'opinion'.

And before you go on and on, I never once judged your opinion, I just think that the statements you back it up with are absurd and inanely ridiculous. But then again, I think you're an absolute troll, so whatever. :)
    [RIGHT]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/RIGHT]

I just don't understand how you can say these things without fully understanding all of the possible situations.

You're a very sick person if you think a girl who was raped should have a baby, imagine if that was you - could you imagine holding a baby close to you, looking into it's eyes and seeing the monster that ruined your life?

idontlikeyou wrote:

I'm not pushing anything on you, nimrod. Nor did I once say that you should totally listen to me. All I said was that no one has the right to make an assumption regarding abortion, because they've (especially YOU) have not been in the situation to earn the right to do so. That wasn't me forcing ideologies on you, merely stating a fact.

I never said that what happened to my friend makes her life more important than the unborn child's. But fuck man, what the hell is wrong with you? You're saying she should have gone about life and given birth to the baby of her rapist? You talk about morals and beliefs, but where is the morality in that? Giving birth to the essence of the one man who ruined your life? THAT'S the right thing to do? You talk about making both of them live, of her having the baby, do you even hear what you're saying here? She was 15, she was raped.
    SEE. Again, I kindly ask you to think twice and try to envision yourself in the experience, before stating your 'opinion'.

And before you go on and on, I never once judged your opinion, I just think that the statements you back it up with are absurd and inanely ridiculous. But then again, I think you're an absolute troll, so whatever. :)
    It's interesting how religious people are more concerned with life than with suffering, isn't it? It's almost as if they have a fear of death so strong that they can't even handle its existence and would rather people just suffer.

(And yes, I'm stereotyping. Of course, there are plenty of exceptions, but in general it's entirely true.)

~Maggot
    [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
    I deem the sense of misery worse:
    Come, Madness, come!
    [/size]

I haven't read any of the previous posts, but personally, I'm against abortion. We don't know when the cells become life - when it adopts a consciousness and mind. So for that reason, I am against abortion. When science and definitively tell me when a foetus becomes a human, then I'll re-evaluate my opinion, but until then, I'm giving that little clump of cells the benefit of the doubt.

What is disgusting is that abortion is available in the UK up to 24 weeks. I personally know someone who was born at 20 weeks who is now studying for a Masters in Mathematics. How can someone support abortion with a story like that????
    "It's better to deserve merits and not have them than to have them and not deserve them" - Mark Twain

google_lover wrote:

I haven't read any of the previous posts, but personally, I'm against abortion. We don't know when the cells become life - when it adopts a consciousness and mind. So for that reason, I am against abortion. When science and definitively tell me when a foetus becomes a human, then I'll re-evaluate my opinion, but until then, I'm giving that little clump of cells the benefit of the doubt.
    Some of us aren't concerned with when it becomes a "life" or "human." All life is sacred (to a point), in my opinion, regardless of species. What I care about, as do most other pro-abortionists, is the level of suffering the fetus feels during the procedure. And science does have an answer for that.

google_lover wrote:

What is disgusting is that abortion is available in the UK up to 24 weeks. I personally know someone who was born at 20 weeks who is now studying for a Masters in Mathematics. How can someone support abortion with a story like that????
    The argument from potential is a shitty one, no doubt.

~Maggot
    [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
    I deem the sense of misery worse:
    Come, Madness, come!
    [/size]

To be honest if I got pregnant right now I would abort it straight away some of my friends wouldn't like it but they would understand thats its MY body that it's growing in and that right now I'm not mentally or financially stable and I wouldn't really want to go through 9 months of suffering just to give a baby away. So I'm pro choice its ALWAYS up to the mother in my opinion not up to some rules made up by men who don't have to go through birth and think oh well it can't be that bad.
    [SIZE=3]I am the Lady High Owner of the Universe.....AKA Lady flimslewipplekinklebottom the XII[/SIZE]

Kilbykins wrote:

To be honest if I got pregnant right now I would abort it straight away some of my friends wouldn't like it but they would understand thats its MY body that it's growing in and that right now I'm not mentally or financially stable and I wouldn't really want to go through 9 months of suffering just to give a baby away. So I'm pro choice its ALWAYS up to the mother in my opinion not up to some rules made up by men who don't have to go through birth and think oh well it can't be that bad.

+rep, finally someone with a brain.

I'm neuatral in the matter.

I beleive that there are certain circumstances that a girl should have an abortion.
    A girl raped for example; forced sex will leave painful memories behind and getting pregnant because of it will not make matters any better.
    When a girl is also a minor because they're still in school and having a baby at such a young age would make getting a good education difficult and when you're a minor you're too young to take care of a child.

Now if the woman is thirty something and just doesn't want a kid and decides to have an abortion then thats pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

idontlikeyou wrote:

I think it's ridiculous the way you go on screaming about pro-life, when you have no experience, let alone no way to prove your point.

Until and unless we are in that position, we cannot make choices and decisions for others.

Don't judge and make decisions without the experience to back it up, man.
    This same argument could be used for many, many circumstances.

Those who commit serious felonies are often pushed to their extremes beforehand. Since you have not been in the same "position" as a felon (before their crime, or during it), by your logic, you cannot judge that criminal.

Accordingly, any defense attorney could have a field day if all they had to do was tell the jury: "You can't put yourselves in my client's shoes; therefore, you cannot rightfully judge or convict my client."

Do you see the door you just opened?

In my opinion, it does not matter how you twist or turn it....abortion is the mothers choice.
    She has the right whether or not to bring a child into this world...and whether or not she is ready for that child.
    No one has a right to tell her whether or not she can or can not do it.
    I ask you not to bring religion into this...(simply because it will be a whole other topic).

Also, many people who demand that abortion is made illegal, never have been in the situation where they had to make a choice.

This is a personal matter and it will stay that way forever. It will not matter what society thinks, because the society is not that person.
    The King of Mind-Fuck

proud_mom182 wrote:

Even if you were raped, it's not the child's fault. And I do understand how it feels to be raped. I'm not agianst anyone who gets an abortion because they were raped, I just couldn't do it. Abortion for any other reason is wrong!!

But then what do you propose as an alternative?

Having the mother live forever with the child she did not want?

And we are talking about a fetus here....
    You are not exactly taking a 2 year old baby and killing it...
    The King of Mind-Fuck

DeamonD wrote:

But then what do you propose as an alternative?

Having the mother live forever with the child she did not want?

And we are talking about a fetus here....
    You are not exactly taking a 2 year old baby and killing it...

An alternative to abortion is adoption. And I'll admit that I am a little touchy with the subject because I have a daughter of my own.

I still think it is up to the parent....
    Not because I am pro abortion....but I am not completely against it either.

Whatever their reasons are, they must be valid reasons which justify their actions...
    Anyone of us saying it is wrong is simply immoral because we can not really identify what is right and what is wrong. These are our own views and they have theirs......

Hm.......perhaps there should be limits to why the abortion should take place? Something like "qualify" ie: mother is a heavy drinker and a drug abused.....hence the child will be deformed or mentally challenged....and it will be unfair to give that kind of life to a baby.........

Anyway, too many things that branch off of other things, which branch off of others....
    The King of Mind-Fuck